Forums > Game Forums > How do I get rid of these graphic bugs?

chirinea (47504) on 9/5/2011 12:15 AM · Permalink · Report

OK, I grew tired of dying in Hitman so I decided to play another game, and I came to this. As you guys pointed out in other threads, the game is really beautiful, only that it is not. I mean, at least not on my machine. The game looks great, but there are some annoying bugs in it, such as the ones with shiny/reflecting objects. Also, some places look black, it seems I lack the texture that should be applied there. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

BTW, the dark flashing screen whenever you're hit or get an item is interesting (I imagine myself closing my eyes when hit), but it's kinda annoying too (specially when you're trying to hit the guy who's hitting you). I read that it breaks the immersion, but I think it actually adds to it.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/5/2011 12:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I seem to remember Oleg having ran into those problem too, so you may wanna try PM'ing him --though I'm not sure whether he solved those issues or just decided to ignore them.

All I can say myself is that I played the game on Windows XP with a low-level AMD CPU and a cheap Nvidia videocard and then on Windows 7 with a Quad-Core and a GTS450, and I never ran into any sort of problem (it does require way too much power for what it looks like, but I never got any of those visual issues).

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/5/2011 5:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, what I had in this game were checkered textures everywhere - looked terrible. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to solve it if your graphic card is above GeForce 7800~ or so. I tried eveything I could - no solution.

I played it on my wife's Mac laptop, booting Windows on it, it looked perfect there. The graphic card was just an equivalent of whatever was the newest stuff when the game came out.

I think it might be worth your while to get an older computer for such stuff, anyway. I have at least 3 or 4 games that don't run properly on my machine but work fine on that laptop.