🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Hats off to completionists!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 12/11/2014 1:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Patrick, I wasn't going to touch this one with a 10 foot pole. I gather you're going through the IF Archive alphabetically?

Anyone care to compare this title to Xtrek, also by BadMan, released the same year? Xtrek games were a small, strange niche, culminating in the as-yet-undocumented-here Trek In The Flesh.

Patrick Bregger (301030) on 12/11/2014 4:32 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Patrick, I wasn't going to touch this one with a 10 foot pole. I gather you're going through the IF Archive alphabetically? [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] eXoDOS, actually.

Indra was here (20755) on 12/11/2014 4:49 AM · Permalink · Report

I wonder if it's a bad idea to have Marina Sirtis credited here?

BrandeX (73) on 6/7/2015 5:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Crap like this should be segregated into their own groups, in this case e.g. game-group Star Trek Fan Fcition Games, instead of being lumped in with the "real" (licensed) games under http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/star-trek-universe

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 6/7/2015 2:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Then the Star Trek Fan Fiction community will demand that we split these off into a Star Trek Erotic Fan Fiction group, then those people will demand that we split that up on a by-series basis, and then those groups will demand to have them split up based on which female characters are the ultimate goals to be achieved.

I agree that there's something to be said for distinguishing licensed and unlicensed games that make use of a license, but if I'm interested in a setting I'm interested in everything done in it -- even licensed games typically don't impact series canon, for instance.