Forums > Game Forums > Members of Digital Illusions involved?

lilalurl (733) on 11/24/2017 12:26 AM · Permalink · Report

On EAB, there is a discussion about Amiga pinball games not made by Digital Illusions. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=89497

Among other things, the similarities between Slam Tilt and the DI games are noticed.

According to the game description here, some members of DI were involved? "Liquid Dezign featured many of the Digital Illusions team who developed 21st Century's hit pinball games"

However, when you check the developer bios and credits, except for the production team, none of them were involved in DI pinball games.

Does anyone have more info on the potential link between DI members and Slam Tilt?

Rwolf (22739) on 11/25/2017 2:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It is unclear to me where that DI link originated.

Liquid Dezign HB seems to have been created in 1994, and joined up with UDS in February 1996 according to a 1996 UDS history page on archive.org and the current LinkedIn page from the original Liquid Dezign CEO (now at Zoink). (Maybe we could ask him if nothing else comes to light)

The companies used the same publisher for their pinball games, so maybe that is the link?

edit 1: I have sent a PM to the contributor providing this information originally, asking for clarification. edit 2: I now also have contacted Zoink, hoping for a definitive answer.

lilalurl (733) on 11/30/2017 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for contacting them :-). Let's see if they can help.

Rwolf (22739) on 12/1/2017 3:39 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I got a prompt email answer from Klaus Lyngeled, once CEO and one of the owners of Liquid Dezign HB; and he dismissed the Digital Illusions connection, so a correction is now submitted.

lilalurl (733) on 12/1/2017 4:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Good job. That clears it up for the generations to come.