🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > remake of The Sentinel: "Zenith"

JSV (22) on 7/6/2007 3:23 PM · Permalink · Report

I thought that people looking for info on The Sentinel might like to find Zenith, a freeware remake for Windows. Made for fans of the game to enjoy, and to bring the game to another generation of players (I make nothing from this). Find it at http://johnvalentine.co.uk/zenith

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Sciere (930488) on 7/6/2007 3:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Feel free to add it as a game entry, and then submit a trivia entry at the original game entry about it. Nice work!

Shoddyan (15003) on 7/6/2007 10:12 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q1]Feel free to add it as a game entry, and then submit a trivia entry at the original game entry about it. Nice work![/Q1]

Just a friendly forum post from the game's author. Technically that's spam... but he has to get the word out somehow, right? I for one, can't wait to take it for a spin.

JSV (22) on 7/7/2007 4:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks! I had posted in the message board, thinking that MG database game entries were solely commercial releases - then I saw that Sentry and other remakes had an entry, so I added Zenith (Windows) as a new game. I'll post more information if it appears in the game listings.

Spam? I'd had that debate with myself; I would not have posted if the game was commercial. My reason for posting is that it would give fans a new spin on the game, and enable new people to play. If it breaches MG rules, I'm fine with whatever you do. :o)

xroox (3895) on 7/8/2007 5:08 PM · Permalink · Report

I've played Zenith quite extensively in the past. A very nicely done remake, John! Nice misty, pastel-coloured graphics and some HUGE landscapes to climb around.