Forums > Game Forums > Game group

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/29/2007 12:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Another day at MobyGames, another interesting title to check out.

Has someone of the residents played it?

And I believe a game group should be created with this episode and the second one.

chirinea (47496) on 12/29/2007 3:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Santa Martyne wrote--]And I believe a game group should be created with this episode and the second one. [/Q --end Santa Martyne wrote--] Done.

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/29/2007 7:06 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Alright, now that I've played both of them, I might say these are made of pretty weird stuff.

To understand my feelings properly you'll need to imagine a big cake of confusion with lots of little cherries of amazement and awe, the latter occur mostly when the music kicks in.

And, trust me, tutorial blurbs we encounter in most games are there for a reason.

Lastly, both games are available for free at Mike Oldfield site. So, everyone is welcome to give it a shot. Encouraged, I may say.

DJP Mom (11333) on 12/29/2007 7:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Santa Martyne wrote--]Alright, now that I've played both of them, I might say these are made of pretty weird stuff.

To understand my feelings properly you'll need to imagine a big cake of confusion with lots of little cherries of amazement and awe, the latter occur mostly when the music kicks in.

And, trust me, tutorial blurbs we encounter in most games are there for a reason.

Lastly, both games are available for free at Mike Oldfield site. So, everyone is welcome to give it a shot. Encouraged, I may say. [/Q --end Santa Martyne wrote--] At 7AM (my time, I guess) you are posting about it and by 2PM you've played them both?! Whoa, quick work! :-)

Just promise there's no Tubular Bells, and maybe I'll give them a try.

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/29/2007 7:29 PM · Permalink · Report

It's a holiday time here! Let a guy relax after a month of exhausting (sort of) work. And I've not completed them just an hour with each.

As for Tubular Bells, I had no previous knowledge of the Mike Oldfield's work prior to these games. But Maestro, the second game, features music from Tubular Bells album.

Just listened to Tubular Bells track on YouTube. Sounds hauntingly familiar and I haven't encountered it in any game, so I guess the coast is clear.

Although, I can't understand what's so bad about it. It's an electronic New Age music, quite fitting to the game, actually.

DJP Mom (11333) on 12/29/2007 7:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It brings back awful Exorcist memories (shiver), and no matter how many years separate me from that movie, I can't shake them off :-P

Later edit: playing, sort of...and very confused but amazed :-)

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/30/2007 10:06 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Alright, now I can announce that I'm officially a master of Tr3s Lunas. I believe I've seen everything (mostly) this game has to offer. I can only say, that the more you play - the bigger amount of confusion transforms into amazement.

If you have any questions, I'll try to explain. I'll add some related resources later today.

And one more thing. There is no Tubular Bells in Tr3s Lunas, but there are certainly lots of them in Maestro. So far it seems inferior to TL, so it's not that important.