Forums > Game Forums > Favorite song of FFX

Jacob Gens (1115) on 10/14/2008 7:40 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure everyone loved the soundtrack to FFX so I thought I'd post about it. My favorite song was between the campsite to the Blitzball stadium in Zanarkand because it was so emotional if you're playing through the first time or haven't played it in a really long time. To be honest I almost cried when that song hit.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 10/14/2008 8:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

FFX soundtrack is my most favorite FF soundtrack. Even my sister who hasn't played it, loved it and now constantly keeps playing that Fayth Hymn on her flute. Makes for some interesting moments, when you suddenly hear it when you least expect it.

Anyway, FFX was awesome. Yeah that's right. It was awesome. Yes, you there, you who thinks it's not awesome - you suck!

My favorite piece is To Zanarkand (it's a link, so you'd better click on it). God, it's beautiful.

DreinIX (10446) on 10/14/2008 9:18 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dancin' Fool wrote--]Anyway, FFX was awesome. Yeah that's right. It was awesome. Yes, you there, you who thinks it's not awesome - you suck! [/Q --end Dancin' Fool wrote--] And you sir are awesome too!

As for the favourite(s) I'll only list the ones whose names I still remember.

Otherworld. Metal in a FF? It sure caught me by surprise the first time I heard it.
Auron's Theme.This is definitely Auron.
And of course To Zanarkand. I'll link you to another "version" of it. It's not from the soundtrack but I still think you should hear it (if you haven't already). It's called The Skies Above.

Indra was here (20756) on 10/15/2008 7:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is it better than the songs from FF VIII?

Edit: Don't remember any songs better than FF VIII from FF X...

The Fabulous King (1332) on 10/15/2008 7:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just click on the links and decide for yourself, god dammit.

Seriously, FFX is much better soundtrack. In the game, it keeps the fine line of being not obtrusive and yet still producing all that enchanting emotional quality that is FF sondtrack.

All the older FF soundtracks have the unfortune of being overtly obtrusive. FFX just uses simple background ambient rather than some obtrusive oompa-loompa tune for non-epic situations.

And FFVIII being better? You're probably just thinking of Ominus Latinus Chorus Withus Nonsensibilius Lyricus and Eyes on Me. But whatever. FFX was much better soundtrack to experience in the game - not obtrusive, enchanting, recurring themes - while with FFVIII I sometimes went: "Why so serious?" Actually it just felt too obtrusive in wrong situations, and I liked Eyes on Me.