Defense of the Ancients variants
Group DescriptionDefense of the Ancients (abbreviated as DotA) is a user modification for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. It popularized a set of specific real-time strategy game mechanics:
- Multiplayer focus: while there can be a single-player mode, DotA variants are primarily multiplayer games.
- Team based: there is a strong emphases on team play, i.e. the teams consist of multiple players.
- Heroes: each player controls a single hero unit with special abilities. During the course of a match, the hero's abilities are upgraded. Some variants also offer general upgrades which are applied between matches.
- Maps: usually the maps are symmetric.
- Games with DotA user modifications are not included.
- This group is restricted to real-time strategy games.
Front cover for League of Legends (Collector's Pack)
Front cover for Bloodline Champions
Front cover for Stellar Impact
Front cover for Demigod (Collector's Edition)
Front cover for Demigod
Screenshot from Demigod
Screenshot from League of Legends
Screenshot from Heroes of Newerth