Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
Group DescriptionAny game that is produced under or based on the official Dungeons & Dragons™ (D&D) or Advanced Dungeons & Dragons™ (AD&D) brands and is officially licensed under them.
Traditional gameplay usually consists of a group of characters (called a party) who are joined together to battle together toward common goals (called quests), although many adaptations may not follow this rule. Movement, combat, and character attributes are often calculated using algorithms that simulate rolling dice.
The D&D/AD&D rules have been updated and revised several times and recent video games typically incorporate the most current version of the rules.
Related Game Groups for individual campaign settings:
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Dark Sun
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Dragonlance
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Eberron
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Greyhawk
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Mystara
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Ravenloft
Front cover for Baldur's Gate II: The Collection
Front cover for Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
Front cover for Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Front cover for Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Front cover for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Limited Edition)
Screenshot from Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Screenshot from Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Screenshot from Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder
Screenshot from Neverwinter Nights (Platinum)
Screenshot from Icewind Dale II