Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
Group DescriptionAny game that is produced under or based on the official Dungeons & Dragons™ (D&D) or Advanced Dungeons & Dragons™ (AD&D) brands and is officially licensed under them.
Traditional gameplay usually consists of a group of characters (called a party) who are joined together to battle together toward common goals (called quests), although many adaptations may not follow this rule. Movement, combat, and character attributes are often calculated using algorithms that simulate rolling dice.
The D&D/AD&D rules have been updated and revised several times and recent video games typically incorporate the most current version of the rules.
Related Game Groups for individual campaign settings:
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Dark Sun
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Dragonlance
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Eberron
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Greyhawk
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Mystara
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Ravenloft
Front cover for Eye of the Beholder / Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon / Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor
Front cover for Fantasy Empires
Front cover for Stronghold
Front cover for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Collectors Edition Vol. 3
Front cover for Dungeons & Dragons Ultimate Fantasy
Screenshot from Fantasy Empires
Screenshot from Stronghold
Screenshot from Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
Screenshot from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Collector's Edition)
Screenshot from Menzoberranzan