Final Fantasy games
Group DescriptionThis game group includes all games under the Final Fantasy license.
Trivia: MonstersThe name of the monsters in the Final Fantasy universe are often taken from different mythologies of the world. Here is a small list of some popular monsters, and what mythology they are taken from:
- Behemoth - Jewish mythology. A huge monster and a symbol of evil.
- Ahriman - Persian mythology. Personification of evil (In Final Fantasy games, ahrimans are one-eyed flying creatures, looking like bats).
- Asura - Hindu mythology. A class of deities, as opposed to the "deva" (gods).
- Grendel - English mythology, a monster fought by Beowulf
- Tiamat - Babylonian mythology. Chaos, the mother of all things.
- Kali - Hindu mythology. A mighty and often dangerous goddess of time and destruction.
- Ifrit - Arab mythology. A wicked spirit, also known as Jinn.
- Shiva - Hindu mythology. One of the greatest gods, sometimes regarded as the God. Unfortunately for all fans of the Final Fantasy version of Shiva - he is a man.
- Ramuh - "Ramuh" is maybe a form of "Rama", the incarnation of Vishnu in Hindu mythology.
- Phoenix - Greek mythology. A bird that resurrects itself after dying (the item "phoenix down" also comes from there). The Asian phoenix (Chinese fenghuang is a different creature that might have been the inspiration for the monster as well.
- Titan - Greek mythology. Titans were a class of deities that fought against the Olympic gods.
- Siren - Greek mythology. A beautiful woman who charms sailors by singing to them.
- Leviathan - Jewish mythology. A huge water creature. In modern Hebrew this word (לויתן, "livyatan") means "whale".
- Fafnir - Norse mythology. A dragon that was defeated by the hero Sigurd.
- Hades - Greek mythology. The world of the dead and also its ruler.
- Quetzalcoatl - Central American mythology. One of the greater gods of the Aztecs.
- Odin - Norse mythology. The most powerful god, the ruler of gods.
- Gilgamesh - Sumerian / Akkadian mythology. A great hero and a legendary king.
- Bahamut - Arab mythology. Is actually a translation of the Hebrew "behemoth". In Arab mythology, it is a big fish, not a dragon.
Related Game Groups:
- Final Fantasy series
- Final Fantasy VII series
- Final Fantasy X series
- Fabula Nova Crystallis series
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
- Final Fantasy Online series
- Final Fantasy Tactics series
|Viewing Page 1 of 8||(items 1-25 of 195)||Next|
Front cover for Dissidia 012 [duodecim prologus] Final Fantasy
Front cover for Chocobo to Mahō no Ehon: Majo to Shōjo to 5-nin no Yūsha
Front cover for Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
Front cover for Dice de Chocobo
Front cover for Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Screenshot from Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
Screenshot from Dice de Chocobo
Screenshot from Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Screenshot from Chocobo Stallion
Screenshot from Crystal Defenders