Final Fantasy games
Group DescriptionThis game group includes all games under the Final Fantasy license.
Trivia: MonstersThe name of the monsters in the Final Fantasy universe are often taken from different mythologies of the world. Here is a small list of some popular monsters, and what mythology they are taken from:
- Behemoth - Jewish mythology. A huge monster and a symbol of evil.
- Ahriman - Persian mythology. Personification of evil (In Final Fantasy games, ahrimans are one-eyed flying creatures, looking like bats).
- Asura - Hindu mythology. A class of deities, as opposed to the "deva" (gods).
- Grendel - English mythology, a monster fought by Beowulf
- Tiamat - Babylonian mythology. Chaos, the mother of all things.
- Kali - Hindu mythology. A mighty and often dangerous goddess of time and destruction.
- Ifrit - Arab mythology. A wicked spirit, also known as Jinn.
- Shiva - Hindu mythology. One of the greatest gods, sometimes regarded as the God. Unfortunately for all fans of the Final Fantasy version of Shiva - he is a man.
- Ramuh - "Ramuh" is maybe a form of "Rama", the incarnation of Vishnu in Hindu mythology.
- Phoenix - Greek mythology. A bird that resurrects itself after dying (the item "phoenix down" also comes from there). The Asian phoenix (Chinese fenghuang is a different creature that might have been the inspiration for the monster as well.
- Titan - Greek mythology. Titans were a class of deities that fought against the Olympic gods.
- Siren - Greek mythology. A beautiful woman who charms sailors by singing to them.
- Leviathan - Jewish mythology. A huge water creature. In modern Hebrew this word (לויתן, "livyatan") means "whale".
- Fafnir - Norse mythology. A dragon that was defeated by the hero Sigurd.
- Hades - Greek mythology. The world of the dead and also its ruler.
- Quetzalcoatl - Central American mythology. One of the greater gods of the Aztecs.
- Odin - Norse mythology. The most powerful god, the ruler of gods.
- Gilgamesh - Sumerian / Akkadian mythology. A great hero and a legendary king.
- Bahamut - Arab mythology. Is actually a translation of the Hebrew "behemoth". In Arab mythology, it is a big fish, not a dragon.
Related Game Groups:
- Final Fantasy series
- Final Fantasy VII series
- Final Fantasy X series
- Fabula Nova Crystallis series
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
- Final Fantasy Online series
- Final Fantasy Tactics series
|Viewing Page 1 of 8||(items 1-25 of 188)||Next|
Front cover for Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
Front cover for Final Fantasy XI Online: The Vana'Diel Collection
Front cover for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Deluxe Pack)
Front cover for Final Fantasy XI Online: Rise of the Zilart
Front cover for Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Limited Collector’s Edition)
Screenshot from Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
Screenshot from Final Fantasy II
Screenshot from Chocobo Racing
Screenshot from Final Fantasy XI Online
Screenshot from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest