Gameplay feature: Alchemy
Group DescriptionGames that feature alchemy as a part of gameplay. For purposes of this game group, alchemy is defined as:
"The use of one or several ingredients with or without the use of certain apparatus to create a certain outcome in the form of a potion, spell, or similar devices".
Acquiring ingredients for alchemy purposes within the game may be through herb gathering via adventuring, defeating monsters, or buying at a local shop/alchemist. Alchemy also often require the use of certain apparatus other than ingredients or recipes (e.g. philosopher's stone, alchemist bench, disposable refrigerator, etc.).
An alchemist apparatus with an ingredient shelf from the game Dragon Lord/Dragon's Breath.
- The inventory of alchemy used in the game has to be somewhat large. Thus, games that only have two leaves just to create a potion (and only those two leaves in the game) are excluded from this group. Any game that identifies more than 10 (ten) ingredients that can be used for alchemy should qualify for this game group.
- The player must be the active alchemist in the game and not requiring the use of a third party or NPC (Non-Player Character) to do the mixing for him/her. Thus, usually the player can just mix the ingredients for example directly from his or her inventory, at an alchemist laboratory, or other means of storage.
- This game group is limited to the classical or modern use of alchemy (though not limited for its traditional use of transmutating iron into gold) that require certain ingredients or recipes for the formula to work, so games that simply combine any two (or more) items of non-alchemic value (i.e. blueberry pie with a rock) are excluded from this game group.
- This is not an alchemy-themed based game group. Games must include the process of alchemy as part of the game play. So puzzle games or adventure games where the player chases an alchemist around (without actually doing any alchemy) are out.
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Blacksmithing
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Goldsmithing
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
|Viewing Page 1 of 5||(items 1-25 of 116)||Next|
Front cover for Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Front cover for Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Front cover for Dragon Age: Origins (Collector's Edition)
Front cover for Arx Fatalis (Collector Edition)
Front cover for Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
Screenshot from Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Screenshot from Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Screenshot from Dungeons of Dredmor
Screenshot from Dragon Age: Origins
Screenshot from Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal