Games where player may participate in betting, gambling, or equivalent activities as an alternate source of income for in-game purposes. Gambling in this regard is a minor or an optional feature in the game and does not qualify for the Non-Sports: Casino sub-genre
Related Game Groups
- Games where the player may bet or gamble for real money should be excluded from this game group. For the purposes of this game group, gambling only refers to an alternate source of income for the player in-game.
- Games where betting or gambling is part of the major plot or representation of gameplay, should not be included in this game group.
- Games that already qualify for Non-Sports: Board/Party Game sub-genre, Non-Sports: Cards sub-genre, Non-Sports: Chess sub-genre, should be excluded from this game group, unless minor gambling elements (in accordance to the aforementioned) are identified.
- Games where the player may participate in activities similarly used in gambling, however winning or losing does not affect the character either in the form of gaining or losing money or items, should be excluded from this game group.
- This is not a gambling-themed game group. Players must have access to optionally bet or gamble, may it be in the form of board games, cards, chocobo racing, dwarven roulette, slot machines, or other similar activities, for the purposes to win money or items and may continue to repeat this process without restriction. Games that promote a gambling atmosphere, however provide no available feature of actual player-participation in gambling activities should be excluded from this game group.
|Tengai Makyō: Ziria||1989||TurboGrafx CD||Hudson Soft Company, Ltd.||4.67|
|Rings of Medusa||1989||Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS||Starbyte Software||3.20|
|Ultima VI: The False Prophet||1990||Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, FM Towns, PC-98, Sharp X68000, SNES||FCI||3.86|
|Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards||1991||Amiga, DOS, Macintosh||Sierra On-Line, Inc.||3.85|
|Rome: Pathway to Power||1992||Amiga, DOS||Maxis Software Inc.||3.93|
|Betrayal at Krondor||1993||DOS, Windows||Dynamix, Inc.||3.91|
|Ancient Domains of Mystery||1994||Amiga, DOS, Linux, Windows||3.88|
|Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy||1995||SEGA Saturn, TurboGrafx CD||Hudson Soft Company, Ltd.||3.74|
|Dangel||1995||FM Towns, PC-98||Mink Co. Ltd.||2.50|
|Fallout||1997||DOS, Macintosh, Windows||Interplay Productions, Inc.||4.12|
|Betrayal in Antara||1997||Windows, Windows 3.x||Sierra On-Line, Inc.||3.33|
|Final Fantasy VII||1997||PlayStation, PlayStation 3, PSP, PS Vita, Windows||Eidos Interactive, Inc.||4.01|
|Achaea||1997||Browser||Iron Realms Entertainment||...|
|Fallout 2||1998||Macintosh, Windows||Interplay Productions, Inc.||4.16|
|Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura||2001||Windows||Sierra On-Line, Inc.||4.01|
|Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal||2002||Windows||Xicat Interactive, Inc.||3.77|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic||2003||iPad, Macintosh, Windows, Xbox||Aspyr Media, Inc.||3.93|
|Dangel||2003||Windows||Mink Co. Ltd.||...|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords||2004||Windows, Xbox||LucasArts||3.97|
|Fable||2004||Xbox, Xbox 360||Microsoft Game Studios||3.79|
|Mass Effect||2007||Windows, Xbox 360||Electronic Arts, Inc.||3.98|
|The Witcher||2007||Windows||Atari, Inc.||4.10|
|Fallout: New Vegas||2010||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Bethesda Softworks LLC||3.72|
|Two Worlds II||2010||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||SouthPeak Interactive Corporation||3.32|
|Fallout: New Vegas (Collector's Edition)||2010||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Bethesda Softworks LLC||5.00|