King Arthur / Camelot games
Group DescriptionNote: Due to varied myth, legend, folklore, and historical sources, information provided here may not be 100% accurate.
Historically known as the Matter of Britain or more commonly known as the Arthurian Legends, are Celtic and Welsh based tales surrounding the myth of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table set at the Kingdom of Camelot. Though many historical references note the possible existence of King Arthur and his knights (earliest reference dates to 594? AD), varied sources and numerous retellings (greatly influenced by Christian, Celtic, and Welsh mythology) result in difficulty of identifying historical fact from mythological fiction. Later retellings of the legend were made more popular during the 12th-13th century of medieval chivalry.
For purposes of this game group, the King Arthur/Camelot Games may include the following plots or identifiable characters:
- King Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon.
- The Knights of the Round Table including: Lancelot Du Lac, Gawaine, Galahad, Percivale, Geraint, Gareth, Gaheris, Bors, Bedivere, Kay, Lamorak, Tristan (Tristram), Agravaine, and Sagramore.
- Merlin the Magician, Court Wizard to King Arthur.
- Guinevere, wife of King Arthur. Better known in the love triangle revealed in the Arthurian Romances with Lancelot.
- Morgana La Fey, Arthur's antagonistic half-sister.
- Lady of the Lake or Lady of Avalon.
- Mordred, illegitimate son and foe of King Arthur.
- Camelot, the kingdom/castle where King Arthur and his knights reign.
- The Sword in the Stone, magically sealed to identify the future King of Britain.
- Excalibur, the magical sword wielded by King Arthur.
- Legends regarding the search for the Christian artifact of The Holy Grail.
- Games within this game group must at least have some significant correlation to the legend/history in its game plot;
- Games that merely identify characters/objects/places aforementioned without any significant direct plot to the legend/history of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table should be excluded from this game group.
- Wikipedia: Avalon
- Wikipedia: Excalibur
- Wikipedia: King Arthur
- Wikipedia: Lady of the Lake
- Wikipedia: Matter of Britain
- Wikipedia: Merlin
- Wikipedia: Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur
|Viewing Page 1 of 2||(items 1-25 of 49)||Next|
Front cover for Brimstone
Front cover for Dark Age of Camelot
Front cover for King Arthur: Legendary Artifacts
Front cover for Arthur: The Quest for Excalibur
Front cover for Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles
Screenshot from Brimstone
Screenshot from Dark Age of Camelot
Screenshot from Arthur: The Quest for Excalibur
Screenshot from Camelot Warriors
Screenshot from Arthur's Knights: Tales of Chivalry