Theme: Time Manipulation
Group DescriptionGames which use time travel (or similar time continuum effect) as a plot device, a key element of the gameplay. The player should have an active influence on altering the time-line. The player's actions in one example of time, should have a cause-and-effect relationship with other areas of time. A time manipulation plot may only exist if the game explicitly identifies a basic time line which may in someway be influenced or changed into an alternate time-line (or knowledge of at least two time-lines). In some cases, this may actually include manipulation of the flow of time itself, such as the ability to slow time, rewind time, or stop it altogether.
Some plot examples:
- Planting a seed in the past to produce a tree in the future;
- Altering the landscape in the past so that the flow of a river will be diverted over time, to a new destination in the future;
- Becoming one's own father;
- Assassination of a VIP to change the resulting time-line from their actions.
- This is not a game group that features manipulation of time game mechanics. Game mechanics that allow manipulation of time features (e.g. Bullet Time™) may not necessarily qualify as a Time Manipulation game. The time manipulation element must explicitly be identified in a supporting plot or story. Thus, games such as Max Payne should be excluded from this game group, as the manipulation of time exists only as a gameplay feature with no supporting plot. Those games are listed in the Gameplay feature: Time Manipulation game group;
- Games where the player is transported into the past/future and stay there the entire game are not included;
- Games that feature time travel through multiple eras, however actions are not limited beyond the scope of the level are not included;
- Games taking place in a new era to gather some special item or ability carried by the player without any other effect on the world are not included.
|Viewing Page 1 of 4||(items 1-25 of 79)||Next|
Front cover for Imagination
Front cover for The Cave
Front cover for The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
Front cover for El Matador
Front cover for Fire Emblem: Awakening
Screenshot from Imagination
Screenshot from Eksperyment Delfin
Screenshot from The Cave
Screenshot from El Matador
Screenshot from Fire Emblem: Awakening