Theme: Time Manipulation
Group DescriptionGames which use time travel (or similar time continuum effect) as a plot device, a key element of the gameplay. The player should have an active influence on altering the time-line. The player's actions in one example of time, should have a cause-and-effect relationship with other areas of time. A time manipulation plot may only exist if the game explicitly identifies a basic time line which may in someway be influenced or changed into an alternate time-line (or knowledge of at least two time-lines). In some cases, this may actually include manipulation of the flow of time itself, such as the ability to slow time, rewind time, or stop it altogether.
Some plot examples:
- Planting a seed in the past to produce a tree in the future;
- Altering the landscape in the past so that the flow of a river will be diverted over time, to a new destination in the future;
- Becoming one's own father;
- Assassination of a VIP to change the resulting time-line from their actions.
- This is not a game group that features manipulation of time game mechanics. Game mechanics that allow manipulation of time features (e.g. Bullet Time™) may not necessarily qualify as a Time Manipulation game. The time manipulation element must explicitly be identified in a supporting plot or story. Thus, games such as Max Payne should be excluded from this game group, as the manipulation of time exists only as a gameplay feature with no supporting plot. Those games are listed in the Gameplay feature: Time Manipulation game group;
- Games where the player is transported into the past/future and stay there the entire game are not included;
- Games that feature time travel through multiple eras, however actions are not limited beyond the scope of the level are not included;
- Games taking place in a new era to gather some special item or ability carried by the player without any other effect on the world are not included.
|Viewing Page 1 of 4||(items 1-25 of 79)||Next|
Front cover for The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Front cover for The Journeyman Project Trilogy
Front cover for El Matador
Front cover for The Journeyman Project
Front cover for Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Screenshot from The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Screenshot from El Matador
Screenshot from The Journeyman Project
Screenshot from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Screenshot from Discworld