Games that are inspired by vampires, a mythological undead creature of the night that feeds on the blood of the living in order to survive. A person supposedly becomes a vampire either when bitten by another vampire or through the dark arts of necromancy. The characteristics of vampires are widely diverse (some hate garlic, others eat them :p) depending on territorial myth/folklore, legend, or pop culture. The closest original source of the vampire myth may have originated from the Romanian Strigoi
Vampires today however, are usually referred to Western or local European cultures, greatly influenced by either Christian or Jewish mythology. May also include Chinese vampires, who like to jump up and down like bunnies (seriously). These vampires may include some of the several characteristics (specifications may vary):
- Undead (the creature is already dead, brought to life through unnatural means). May include other non-traditional means, such turning into a vampire through black magic, necromancy, or joining an accountant firm.
- Appearance may strike as pale as such person(s) not exposed to sunlight, similar to a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) fanboi.
- Drinks blood for survival and healing purposes. Vampires are equipped with supposedly two pointed teeth for this purpose. Usually targets the victim via main blood artery at the neck. Later adaptations include blood arteries at the wrist.
- Exposure to direct sunlight is considered lethal. The traditional 'stake through the heart' has a similar effect. Though a head-shot with a shotgun may result a similar desired effect (especially if loaded with silver bullets). Later adaptations however have introduced day walkers, referring to a vampire hybrid entirely unharmed by sunlight.
- Weakened (or allergic in scientific terms) by garlic, holy symbols (e.g. crucifix, blessed/holy water, etc.), people with diabetes; cannot cross over running water, etc.
- May have shape-shifting magical abilities, such as transforming into certain beast-like creatures: wolves, bats, rats, etc. No evidence has shown a vampire transforming into a Pokémon monster.
- May cast no reflections as they have no souls. Then again, neither do lawyers.
- May have the ability to charm the opposite sex (or anyone for that matter) or possesses overwhelming charisma almost equal to the approvers of MobyGames™, in order to manipulate individuals to do their bidding. This is the part where you should start getting suspicious.
In pop culture, the myth of vampires have either been greatly influenced by two of the following fictional vampires, more so by the latter:
- A movie: Nosferatu (1922);
- A novel: Bram Stoker's: Dracula (1897).
Related Game Groups
- For purposes of this game group, games where vampires do not play a predominate role in the plot/story/theme or are identified merely as random enemies, should be excluded from this game group.
|Castlevania Judgment||2008||Wii||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||3.97|
|Soul of Darkness||2008||BlackBerry, BREW, J2ME, Nintendo DSi||Gameloft S.A.||3.50|
|A Vampyre Story (Collector's Edition)||2008||Windows||Crimson Cow GmbH||4.00|
|A Vampyre Story||2008||Macintosh, Windows||Akella||3.66|
|Zwei II||2008||Windows||Nihon Falcom Corp.||...|
|Tibor: Tale of a Kind Vampire||2008||Windows||Cateia d.o.o.||3.43|
|Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia||2008||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||4.48|
|Dracula: Origin||2008||Windows||The Adventure Company||3.56|
|Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon||2008||Macintosh, Windows||MC2-Microïds||3.54|
|Blood Ties||2008||Macintosh, Windows||Merscom LLC||...|
|William R. Fisher's Beyond the Spirit's Eye||2007||Windows||WRF Studios||2.63|
|Vampire Rain||2007||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Ignition Entertainment Ltd. USA||2.86|
|Die Schule der kleinen Vampire: Knoblauchalarm||2007||Macintosh, Windows||Tivola Publishing GmbH||...|
|Lunar Knights||2007||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||4.00|
|Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles||2007||PSP||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||4.19|
|Vampire Hunters||2007||Windows||rondomedia Marketing & Vertriebs GmbH||...|
|Vampyre Cross||2007||Commodore 64||1.25|
|Day Watch||2007||Windows||ND GAMES||...|
|Dracula: The Days of Gore||2006||Windows||IncaGold plc||1.61|
|Dark Vampires: The Shadows of Dust||2006||Windows||IncaGold GmbH||0.83|
|Daemon Summoner||2006||PlayStation 2, Windows||Midas Interactive Entertainment Ltd.||1.50|
|Dracula Twins||2006||Windows||Legendo Entertainment AB||0.00|
|Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin||2006||Nintendo DS||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||4.11|
|Castlevania Double Pack||2006||Game Boy Advance||Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.||4.00|
|Shin Bokura no Taiyō Gyakushū no Sabata||2005||Game Boy Advance||Konami Corporation||5.00|