A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|The $1 Zombie Game||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|7554: DLC||2012||Windows||Emobi Games JSC||...|
|Abomination||1999||Windows||Eidos Interactive, Inc.||2.99|
|A comic of zombies||2012||iPhone||myLittleBets||...|
|Afternoon of the Dead||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone||Interactive Blasphemy LLC||...|
|Age of Zombies||2010||Android, iPad, iPhone, Ouya, PlayStation 3, PSP, PS Vita||Halfbrick Studios Pty Ltd||3.87|
|Alien Carnage||1993||DOS, Windows||Apogee Software, Ltd.||3.83|
|Alien Zombie Death||2010||PlayStation 3, PSP, PS Vita||PomPom Software Ltd.||...|
|Alien Zombie Megadeath||2011||PlayStation 3, Windows||PomPom Software Ltd.||...|
|Alive 4-ever Returns||2010||iPhone||Meridian Digital Entertainment Limited||...|
|All Zombies Must Die!||2011||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Kuju Entertainment Ltd.||...|
|All Zombies Must Die!: Bundle||2012||Windows||doublesix Video Games Ltd.||...|
|American McGee presents Bad Day LA||2006||Windows||Aspyr Media, Inc.||2.39|
|Atom Zombie Smasher||2011||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Blendo Games||3.60|
|Attack of the Mutant Zombies||2010||Windows||...|
|Beast Busters||1989||Amiga, Arcade, Atari ST||Activision, Inc.||...|
|Beast Busters Second Nightmare||1998||Arcade||SNK Corporation||...|
|Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator Case 5 - Land of the Rising Dead||2006||Windows||Grundislav Games||3.87|
|Biohazard: 5th Anniversary Special Package||2001||PlayStation 2||Capcom Co., Ltd.||3.17|
|Biohazard: Director's Cut - Dual SHOCK Ver.||1998||PlayStation||Capcom Co., Ltd.||...|
|Blair Witch, Volume III: The Elly Kedward Tale||2000||Windows||Gathering||3.26|
|Blood||1997||DOS||GT Interactive Software Corp.||4.09|
|Blood Drive||2010||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13784), Patrick Bregger
(36913), Novox Master
(8), Victor Vance
(115048), Cor 13
(174145), Indra is stressed
(20584), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58394), Tomas Pettersson
(22752) and Jeanne