A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown Zombies Map||2013||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies MP Personalization Pack||2013||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
|Zombieville||1997||DOS, Windows||Dice Multi Media Europe B.V.||...|
|Daemon Vector||2004||Windows, Xbox||Brigades||...|
|Shriek of the Living Dead||2006||Windows||Attic Games||...|
|Attack of the Mutant Zombies||2010||Windows||...|
|Evil Resistance: Morning of the Dead||2008||Windows||Akella||...|
|The Slaughtering Grounds||2014||Windows||Digital Homicide Studios||...|
|Escape Dead Island||2014||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Deep Silver||...|
|Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad||2006||Xbox 360||D3Publisher of America, Inc.||1.78|
|Isle of the Dead||1993||DOS||Merit Software||1.98|
|Zombie Baseball||2008||Browser||Armor Games Inc.||...|
|The Evil Dead||1984||BBC Micro, Commodore 64||Palace Software, Ltd.||...|
|NecroVisioN: Lost Company||2009||Windows||1C Company||...|
|State of Decay||2013||Windows, Xbox 360||Microsoft Studios||...|
|Bloodline||2005||Windows||Cenega Publishing, s.r.o.||...|
|Left 4 Dead: Survival Pack||2009||Windows, Xbox 360||Valve Corporation||...|
|Ed Hunter||1999||Windows||EMI Records||...|
|Zombie Virus||2005||PlayStation 2||D3Publisher Inc.||...|
|Clutch||2009||PlayStation 3, Windows||Targem Games||2.29|
|Flesh Feast||1997||Windows||SegaSoft, Inc.||2.30|
|Zombie Apocalypse||1992||Amiga, Atari ST||Epic Marketing||...|
|Evil Dead: Hail to the King||2000||Dreamcast, PlayStation, Windows||THQ Inc.||2.48|
|American McGee presents Bad Day LA||2006||Windows||Aspyr Media, Inc.||2.39|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13784), Patrick Bregger
(36913), Novox Master
(8), Victor Vance
(115287), Cor 13
(174145), Indra is stressed
(20584), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58394), Tomas Pettersson
(22752) and Jeanne