Group DescriptionA group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (e.g. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sun-light is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
- Inspiration: Horror movies
- Protagonist: Demon
- Protagonist: Ghost
- Protagonist: Vampire
- Theme: Haunted House
- Theme: Werewolves
- Theme: Vampires
|Viewing Page 1 of 13||(items 1-25 of 312)||Next|
Front cover for Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
Front cover for NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Front cover for Flesh Feast
Front cover for Isle of the Dead
Front cover for Zombie Baseball
Screenshot from NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Screenshot from Flesh Feast
Screenshot from The Evil Dead
Screenshot from Shriek of the Living Dead
Screenshot from Isle of the Dead