A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet). Also, games based on the monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are excluded in that that character was no longer dead when he was walking but had been returned to life. Also, he has his own game group.
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|The House of the Dead 4||2005||Arcade||SEGA Corporation||...|
|The House of the Dead 4||2012||PlayStation 3||SEGA of America, Inc.||...|
|The House of the Dead III||2002||Arcade, PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox||SEGA of America, Inc.||3.66|
|The House of the Dead: Overkill (Collector's Edition)||2009||Wii||SEGA Europe Ltd.||...|
|The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut||2011||PlayStation 3||SEGA of America, Inc.||...|
|The House of the Dead: Overkill||2009||Wii||SEGA of America, Inc.||4.11|
|The House of the Dead||1996||Arcade, SEGA Saturn, Windows||SEGA Entertainment, Inc.||3.46|
|How to Survive||2013||PlayStation 3, Wii U, Windows, Xbox 360||505 Games S.R.L.||...|
|How to Survive 2||2015||PlayStation 4, Windows||505 Games Ltd.||...|
|The Hungry Horde||2014||PS Vita||Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC||...|
|Hunter: The Reckoning||2002||GameCube, Xbox||Interplay Entertainment Corp.||3.27|
|I Kill Zombies||2012||PlayStation 3, PSP||Open Emotion Studios||...|
|I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1||2009||Xbox 360||Ska Studios, LLC||...|
|Infected||2005||PSP||Majesco Entertainment Company||3.93|
|Infestation: Survivor Stories||2012||Windows||OP Productions||...|
|Into the Dead||2012||Android, Browser, iPad, iPhone, tvOS, Windows, Windows Apps, Windows Phone||PikPok||...|
|i saw her standing there||2012||Browser||krangGAMES||...|
|I Shall Remain: Prologue||2011||Windows|| Scorpius Games||...|
|Isle of the Dead||1993||DOS||Merit Software||1.96|
|I, Zombie||2011||PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox One||Awesome Games Studio Sp. z o. o.||...|
|Judge Dredd vs Zombies||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone, Windows Phone||Rebellion Developments Ltd.||...|
|The Keep: Zombie Horde||2013||Xbox 360||Sick Kreations||...|
|KickIt: A Day for the Laiban||1997||Amiga||...|
|#KILLALLZOMBIES||2014||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Windows, Xbox One||Beatshapers Limited||...|
|Killing Floor||2009||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Tripwire Interactive, LLC||3.36|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4224), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(14100), Patrick Bregger
(42225), Novox Master
(13), Victor Vance
(2126), Terok Nor
(124631), Unicorn Lynx
(174057), Indra is stressed
(21760), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58337), Tomas Pettersson
(25002) and Jeanne