A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet). Also, games based on the monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are excluded in that that character was no longer dead when he was walking but had been returned to life. Also, he has his own game group.
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|Zomi Nation||2013||Xbox 360||3LT Games||...|
|The Typing of The Dead: Overkill||2013||Windows||SEGA Corporation||...|
|Zombie Hero||2013||Xbox 360||Erpberger||...|
|Zombie Estate II||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Defense Squad||2013||Xbox 360||Strange Games Studios||...|
|Burn(t)||2013||Android, Browser, iPad, iPhone||Choice of Games LLC||...|
|Zombominous 2||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|The Flying Dead||2013||Xbox 360||SCR Designs||...|
|Gabrielle's Zombie Attack||2013||iPad, iPhone||Natsume, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead||2012||Macintosh, PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||4.07|
|Uberzombie: USA||2012||Windows, Xbox 360||Xsyntax||...|
|Zombie Tsunami||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone, Windows Phone||Mobigame S.A.R.L.||...|
|Resident Evil 6||2012||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Capcom U.S.A., Inc.||3.61|
|Blood of the Zombies||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone||Tin Man Games Pty. Ltd.||...|
|Grave Mania: Undead Fever||2012||Android, Macintosh, Windows||Big Fish Games, Inc||...|
|The Walking Dead: Episode 2 - Starved for Help||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||4.02|
|All Zombies Must Die!: Bundle||2012||Windows||doublesix Video Games Ltd.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Episode 3 - Long Road Ahead||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||3.95|
|Zombies Stole My Liquor!||2012||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombies||2012||Xbox 360||Subsurface Games||...|
|Zombie Strippers Stole My Heart Then Ate My Brains||2012||Xbox 360||Strange Games Studios||...|
|The Walking Dead: Episode 4 - Around Every Corner||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||4.05|
|The Walking Dead: Episode 5 - No Time Left||2012||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||4.15|
|Zombie Invasion||2012||Xbox 360||Dwarf Biter||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4474), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(14413), Patrick Bregger
(48391), Novox Master
(57989), Sid Hannah
(16), Victor Vance
(2211), Terok Nor
(128159), Unicorn Lynx
(181368), Indra is stressed
(26582), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(60831), Tomas Pettersson
(26242) and Jeanne