A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut||2011||PlayStation 3||SEGA of America, Inc.||...|
|Magicka: Marshlands||2011||Windows||Paradox Interactive AB||...|
|Undead Empire||2011||Xbox 360||Big Rook Games||...|
|Zombie Cats||2011||Browser||Fast Games||...|
|Zombie Monkeys TD||2011||Windows Phone, Xbox 360||MischiefMonkey||...|
|Zombie Death Zone||2011||Xbox 360||Don't press X||...|
|Zombie Death Car||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Cow-Milking||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Dead on Arrival||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||N3V Games Pty Ltd.||...|
|Terraria||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone, Linux, Macintosh, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox 360, Xbox One||505 Games (U.S.), Inc.||3.56|
|Dead Meets Lead||2011||Windows||Keldyn Interactive||...|
|Zombie Runaway||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||Com2uS Inc.||...|
|Zombie Attack!||2011||Xbox 360||Fun Factory||...|
|Zombie Arena 2||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Dead Block||2011||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Digital Reality Publishing Kft.||...|
|Zombies, Zombies Everywhere!||2011||Xbox 360||Bionic Thumbs||...|
|Zombusters||2011||Windows, Windows Apps, Windows Phone, Xbox 360||Retrowax Games||...|
|Metal Dead||2011||Windows||Walk Thru Walls Studios||...|
|Xtremes v/s Zombies||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Gunship||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||Limbic Software, Inc||...|
|Organ Trail||2011||Browser||The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC||...|
|Dead Pixels||2011||Windows, Xbox 360||CSR-Studios||3.50|
|I Shall Remain: Prologue||2011||Windows|| Scorpius Games||...|
|Dead Island (Special Edition)||2011||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Deep Silver, Inc.||...|
|Zombie Concentration||2011||Xbox 360||Drop Dead Interactive LLP||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13775), Patrick Bregger
(37195), Novox Master
(8), Victor Vance
(116583), Cor 13
(174144), Indra is stressed
(20572), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58393), Tomas Pettersson
(23286) and Jeanne