A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut||2011||PlayStation 3||SEGA of America, Inc.||...|
|Zombies Hate Pumpkins DX||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||Monster and Monster Limited||...|
|Zombie Death Car||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Metal Dead||2011||Windows||Walk Thru Walls Studios||...|
|Chance of the Dead||2011||Windows||...|
|SPAZ: Space Pirates and Zombies||2011||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||MinMax Games Ltd.||...|
|Zombie Cow-Milking||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Concentration||2011||Xbox 360||Drop Dead Interactive LLP||...|
|Zombie Attack!||2011||Xbox 360||Fun Factory||...|
|Judge Dredd vs Zombies||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone, Windows Phone||Rebellion Developments Ltd.||...|
|Zombie Arena 2||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|Dead Nation: Road of Devastation||2011||PlayStation 3, PS Vita||Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC||...|
|Zombie Slaughter Is Fun||2011||Xbox 360||Frooty Game Studios||...|
|I Shall Remain: Prologue||2011||Windows|| Scorpius Games||...|
|I, Zombie||2011||Windows, Xbox 360||Awesome Games Studio||...|
|Dead on Arrival||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||N3V Games Pty Ltd.||...|
|Alien Zombie Megadeath||2011||PlayStation 3, Windows||PomPom Software Ltd.||...|
|Zombie Sausages 2||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|The $1 Zombie Game||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|ZombieGeddon||2011||Xbox 360||Fun Factory||...|
|ZombieCraftt!!1 Sampler||2011||Xbox 360||...|
|The Dead: Chapter One||2011||Android, iPad, iPhone||Corncrow Games AB||...|
|Undead Empire||2011||Xbox 360||Big Rook Games||...|
|Zombusters||2011||Windows, Windows Apps, Windows Phone, Xbox 360||Retrowax Games||...|
|Zombie Parkour Runner||2011||iPad, iPhone||Break Media||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13806), Patrick Bregger
(37746), Novox Master
(13), Victor Vance
(121926), Oleg Roschin
(174088), Indra is stressed
(20607), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58379), Tomas Pettersson
(23287) and Jeanne