A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet).
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|Grave Mania: Pandemic Pandemonium||2013||Android, Macintosh, Windows||Ayopa Games LLC.||...|
|The Typing of The Dead: Overkill||2013||Windows||SEGA Corporation||...|
|The Keep: Zombie Horde||2013||Xbox 360||Sick Kreations||...|
|The Flying Dead||2013||Xbox 360||SCR Designs||...|
|The Co-Op Zombie Game||2013||Xbox 360||Strange Games Studios||...|
|Undead Empire: Hellfire||2013||Xbox 360||Big Rook Games||...|
|Zomi Nation||2013||Xbox 360||3LT Games||...|
|Zombominous 2||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Monkeys Out of the Trees||2013||Xbox 360||MischiefMonkey||...|
|Zombie Square 2||2013||Xbox 360||Look at It Games||...|
|Zombie Splatter||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Racer||2013||Xbox 360||Ridge Games||...|
|Zombie Parking Lot||2013||Xbox 360||Snargosoft Developments||...|
|Zombie Outback||2013||Xbox 360||Evolving Software||...|
|Dead Effect||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, Macintosh, Windows||BadFly Interactive, a.s.||...|
|Zombie Hero||2013||Xbox 360||Erpberger||...|
|Zombie Estate II||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Defense Squad||2013||Xbox 360||Strange Games Studios||...|
|Zombie Compound||2013||Xbox 360||...|
|Zombie Block Planet||2013||Xbox 360||2KSomnis||...|
|ZDQ II: Ghost Dogs||2013||Xbox 360||Edelica Digital Bros||...|
|Zombie Apocalift||2013||Android, Browser, iPad, iPhone||Battlesheep, Lda||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass||2013||PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2: A House Divided||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13802), Patrick Bregger
(38326), Novox Master
(13), Victor Vance
(122561), Oleg Roschin
(174057), Indra is stressed
(20605), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58372), Tomas Pettersson
(23287) and Jeanne