A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet). Also, games based on the monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are excluded in that that character was no longer dead when he was walking but had been returned to life. Also, he has his own game group.
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass||2013||PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2: A House Divided||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Season Two||2013||Macintosh, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Windows, Xbox One||Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc||4.02|
|Project Zomboid||2013||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Indie Stone, The||...|
|State of Decay||2013||Windows, Xbox 360||Microsoft Studios||...|
|Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone||Electronic Arts, Inc.||3.33|
|How to Survive||2013||PlayStation 3, Wii U, Windows, Xbox 360||505 Games S.R.L.||...|
|Zafehouse: Diaries||2013||Windows||Screwfly Studios Pty. Ltd.||...|
|Math vs. Undead: Math Workout||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone||GoodSoundsApps||...|
|Killing Floor: Calamity||2013||Android, Ouya||Tripwire Interactive, LLC||...|
|Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge||2013||Android, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Windows||Frima Studio Inc.||...|
|Rust||2013||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Facepunch Studios Ltd.||...|
|DayZ||2013||Windows||Bohemia Interactive Studio s.r.o.||2.63|
|Burn(t)||2013||Android, Browser, iPad, iPhone||Choice of Games LLC||...|
|Dead Rising 3||2013||Xbox One||Microsoft Studios||...|
|The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season Plus 400 Days||2013||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One||Telltale, Inc.||4.14|
|The Walking Dead: 400 Days||2013||Android, iPad, iPhone, Macintosh, PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Telltale, Inc.||3.85|
|The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct||2013||PlayStation 3, Wii U, Windows, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
|Dead Island: Riptide||2013||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Deep Silver||4.64|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies MP Personalization Pack||2013||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown Zombies Map||2013||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360||Activision Publishing, Inc.||...|
|Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - Operation Zombie Bunker||2013||Windows||Nordic Games GmbH||...|
|Organ Trail: Director's Cut||2013||Linux, Macintosh, Ouya, Windows||The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC||3.24|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4225), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(13798), Patrick Bregger
(39682), Novox Master
(13), Victor Vance
(123622), Unicorn Lynx
(174027), Indra is stressed
(20606), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(58360), Tomas Pettersson
(24306) and Jeanne