This cartridge contains six of the 1 kilobyte entries and one 4 kilobyte entry from the 2005 Minigame Competition with an onscreen menu for selecting the games. The games are:
- Hunchy: inspired by the Century Electronics game Hunchback, the player takes the role of Quasimodo and must rescue Esmeralda from the cathedral of Notre Dame. Quasimoto can jump across the roof, avoiding guards and assorted missiles.
- Jetman: inspired by the 8-bit computer game Jetpac, the player must fuel a rocket but avoid getting shot from an unseen attacker.
- Nightrider: the player is running from a hostile government. They are pursuing you with a helicopter. Just keep running and watch out for the terrain. The farther and longer along the Nightrider goes, the more freedom is worth.
- Zirconium: an alien race, not carbon-based but zirconium-based, have invaded the galaxy. They have set space mines to protect their mothership. The player takes the role of Captain Joe Diamond, and must fight his way through these mines and destroy the mothership. Careful about hitting mines, as the ship can only take so many blows. Grab any power packs you can.
- Rocket Command: magma beings are invading from the inside of a volcano. As the rocket commander, the player must destroy these beings' ships before they launch into the sky.
- M-4: a port of a 1977 Midway arcade game of the same name. The player has unlimited lives and 90 seconds to destroy all that is seen for points. Points are awarded for hitting the wall, the opponent tank, a car and an airplane. If the player or the opponent are hit, the wall is rebuilt and both are returned to thier starting points, but the clock never pauses.
- Marble Jumper: this is a puzzle game where the object is to clear the board of all but 1 marble, with the last one being in the middle. There are 33 squares and 16 marbles. The player clears marbles by jumping them vertically or horizontally, like in checkers. Diagonal jumps are not allowed.
- "Zirconium" -- Included game
- "Rocket Command" -- Included game
- "Nightrider" -- Included game
- "Marble Jumper" -- Included game
- "M-4" -- Included game
- "Jetman" -- Included game
- "Hunchy" -- Included game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
is the Hunchback
clone the Atari 2600 never got but always deserved, with your rotund little man running through the classic motions of jumping over pits, swinging across ropes, dodging missiles and avoiding impalement on moving spikes.
Despite this version containing a robust 16 levels, many of the original's gameplay elements (Esmeralda, the pursuing guard, a score count, limited lives -- the blurb makes the most of this non-implementation by boasting that "Hunchy has an infinite number of lives, and you will need them all!") have been streamlined out in order to keep the total filesize under 1k(!) to make it eligible for participation in the Minigame competition.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by LepricahnsGold (67949)
on Nov 17, 2006.