DescriptionNinja Gaiden begins with a cinematic animation in which two ninjas duel to the death and one goes down. It is then revealed that the doomed ninja is the father of Ryu Hayabusa. When Ryu learns of this, he embarks on a quest to find out who killed his father and why. This quest takes him to America to find an archaeologist with whom his father was working. From there, Ryu becomes embroiled in an evil, supernatural conspiracy involving a villain named Jaquio who has plans to use an ancient castle and some relics to unleash a terrifying evil upon the world.
Ninja Gaiden is a side scrolling game where Ryu the ninja can run, jump and slash with his ninja sword. He can also attach to any vertical surface. Power-ups that allow Ryu to toss fireballs and ninja stars as well as perform other feats are scattered throughout the landscape.
Ryu will battle through urban city settings, forests, jungles, snow covered castles, underground railroads and ancient castles. A major feature in Ninja Gaiden are the cinematic scenes – sometimes fullscreen – through which the storyline unfolds.
There are no Nintendo 3DS screenshots for this game.
There are 55 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "忍者龍剣伝" -- Japanese spelling
- "Shadow Warriors: Ninja Gaiden" -- UK/Australian title
- "Shadow Warriors" -- European title
- "Ninja Ryukenden" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Nintendo 3DS release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Arcade version||3||FatherJack (32332)
Mar 22, 2014
|Trivia for the game.||8||Lain Crowley (5413)
Sep 15, 2012
|Pending correction||2||Terok Nor (18323)
Oct 25, 2010
TriviaThe word "Gaiden" in the title means "Letter". It can also mean "sidestory".
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Ninja Gaiden (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the May/June 1989 two-page installment, they reveal the location of a 1-Up.)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Ninja Gaiden.)
- The Ninja Gaiden Homepage (Perhaps the biggest source of information on Ninja Gaiden, which has music, fan fiction, and other game-related information.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.