Inspired by Jules Verne's
famous novel Around the World in 80 Days
, trace the steps of Verne's original character, Phileas Fogg, in a fantastical trek through Egypt, India, Japan and America. Players take the role of Englishman Oliver Lavisheart who is portrayed as a sort of Indiana Jones
fellow in the year 1899.
Oliver's billionaire uncle boasts to his scientific colleagues that he has created 4 major inventions and placed them in 4 different countries around the globe. The uncle then makes a hefty wager that his inventions (or proof of them) can be found in 80 days or less. Oliver decides to help his uncle, and he is off in search of them. Can he do it in time? The clock is ticking!
Players will use a combination of keyboard keys and mouse for navigation and various actions (including jumping and running). Many different modes of transportation are at Oliver's disposal to help him travel to and throughout the large locales including camels, elephants, or flying carpets, and several unusual cars, trains, steamboats and flying ships. There are adventure type puzzles to be solved and over 100 non-player characters. In addition there are several difficulty levels, side quests and time bonuses.
- "Вокруг света за 80 дней" -- Russian spelling
- "Jules Verne 3" -- Informal name
- "In 80 Tagen um die Welt" -- German title
- "Cesta kolem světa za 80 dní" -- Czech title
- "80天" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "80 Tian" -- Chinese title
- "80 Jours" -- French title
- "80 Giorni" -- Italian title
- "80 Dni" -- Polish title
- "80 Días" -- Spanish title
- "80 Days: Around the World Adventure" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Jeanne (75620)
on Oct 26, 2005.