DescriptionAce Combat 6: Fires of Liberation is a first-person air combat and flight simulator. Its story campaign contains 15 missions that cover the war between the Republic of Emmeria and the Federal Republic of Estovakia on the Anean continent, north of Yuktobania. Cut-scenes between mission tell stories about how the player's actions influence the course of war.
Like other Ace Combat games Ace Combat 6 features an enemy ace squadron that appears as an antagonist throughout the game. There are also individual aces to appear in each mission - shooting them unlocks special aircraft's paint scheme. New features were added to the game, such as ESM support that can be employed by both allied and enemy forces. It greatly enhances the tracking ability of guided weapons, even ordinary missiles. Another new feature is a frontline resupply. Players can now land on friendly airbases to resupply, in the middle of the battle.
Ace Combat 6 features fictional world aircraft and officially licensed ones - fifteen real-world models of aircraft including F-16 Fighting Falcon, Mirage 2000-5, Tornado GR.4, A-10A Thunderbolt II and many more. It also offers 2-16 player Xbox Live multiplayer with includes 4 default multiplayer modes: Battle Royale, Siege Battle, Team Battle, and Co-Op Battle.
- "エースコンバット６: 解放への戦火" -- Japanese spelling
- "Ace Combat 6: Kaihou e no Senka" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Ace Combat series
- Aircraft: A-10 Thunderbolt II
- Aircraft: Dassault Rafale
- Aircraft: Eurofighter Typhoon
- Aircraft: F-117 Nighthawk
- Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat
- Aircraft: F-15 Eagle
- Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Aircraft: F-22 Raptor
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: Panavia Tornado
- Aircraft: Su-27 & Su-33
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|GamersHell.com||Apr 23, 2008||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameswelt||Nov 29, 2007||85 out of 100||85|
|XboxAchievements||Feb 09, 2008||84 out of 100||84|
|IGN||Oct 19, 2007||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Lawrence||Nov 02, 2007||8.3 out of 10||83|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Nov 28, 2007||16 out of 20||80|
|The Review Busters||2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 22, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|JustPressPlay||Nov 11, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 26, 2007||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesAce Combat 6: Fires of Liberation appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Ace Combat 6 (Official website (English))
- Ace Combat 6 (Product page on developer's website (Japanese))
- Achievement guide for Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (The Ace Combat 6 achievement guide on X360A.)
- Wikipedia: Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Article in the open encyclopedia)
Lead Game Design: