Not an American user?
DescriptionA beautiful princess has chosen you to solve the mystery of a castle named "Chateau d'Or" - "The Golden Castle". Once there, you encounter a count whose tricky questions you have to answer in order to find a treasure. Similar to Myst the environment is presented through pre-rendered stills and when you click on an exit you proceed to the next still - there is no fluent movement. The puzzles are mostly the usual logic puzzles, e.g. color or symbol matching, and history quizzes.
Adventure at the Chateau d'Or is a 3D adventure game with 3 different difficulty levels which can be set separately for both puzzle types (logic puzzles and knowledge). There is also a map feature to reach places faster.
- "Adventure at the Chateau d'Or: A Tale of Magic, Mystery and Intrigue" -- Taglined title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|GameZone||Windows||Apr 28, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Over Online||Windows||May 28, 2001||61 out of 100||61|
|Gameguru Mania||Windows||May 05, 2001||3 out of 5||60|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Jun 04, 2001||50|
|AppleLinks.Com||Macintosh||May 16, 2001||40|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Windows||Sep 09, 2001||20|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Macintosh||Jun 26, 2002||20|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Windows||Jun 26, 2002||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Adventure at the Chateau d'Or -- Official web site
- Adventure: Review and a Walkthrough -- A (very) short mini-review of Adventure at the Chateau d'Or at Balmoral Software, which is followed by a detailed walkthrough of the game, illustrated by screenshots from within the game itself and an artificial map (Sept. 18th, 2001).
- Hints for Chateau d'Or -- These question and answer hints will give you gentle nudges (before giving you the final solution) to help you solve the puzzles yourself.
- Karma Labs -- Support page for this game
- Playing this game in Windows XP -- Inferno's guide
- Walkthrough for Chateau d'Or -- on Gameboomers
Justine March (as The Princess)Princess Styling: