Age of Empires III
EngineAge of Empires III uses a modified version of the Age of Mythology engine.
Physics engineThe Windows version uses the Havok physics engine. Few modern Mac titles use it because of its licensing fee. MacSoft gutted Havok from the game and substituted it with a significantly less expensive technology called PhysX, developed by AGEIA for its Mac port.
- 2005 – #5 PC Game of the Year
- 2005 – PC RTS of the Year
- 2005 – Best Graphics of the Year (PC)
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2006 - Best PC Strategy Game in 2005 (Readers' Voting)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2006 - Online Game of the Year
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 04/2006 - #1 Strategy Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 02/2006 - #3 Strategy Game in 2005
- Puget Sound Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication
- Early January 2007 - Distinguished Award for Technical Writing and Editing (for the manual and quick reference card)
Contributed by MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89485) on Nov 14, 2009. [revised by : MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89485) and piltdown_man (56946)].