DescriptionAlida, a guitar shaped island off of the Australian coast, was built by members of a musical group who sold enough from their first album to make its members extremely rich.
When no second album is produced they're all but forgotten by their fans. So the band split up, each person taking up a separate area on Alida and hoarding their remaining money in elaborately locked vaults. After a time, all of the members of the group left the island. Arin, one of the members, goes to the island for a supposed reunion but has never returned. His wife asks you to go to Alida and find her husband.
You play in first-person, Myst-like solitude. Explore the entire island to figure out what happened to the band and to find Arin. The puzzles range in difficulty and most are musical in nature.
- "阿历达" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Алида" -- Russian spelling
- "Alida: Zagadkowy gigant" -- Polish title
- "Alida: The Enigmatic Giant" -- European title
|More a puzzle game than an adventure||Windows||Jeanne (75508)|
|Puntaeclicca.it||Windows||Oct, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Windows||Sep 19, 2004||80|
|Just Adventure||Macintosh||Aug 11, 2003||B||75|
|Mystery Manor||Windows||Sep 21, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Adventure Gamers||Windows||Sep 21, 2004||60|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Sep 20, 2004||60|
|Game Chronicles||Windows||Sep 15, 2004||5.6 out of 10||56|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Feb 14, 2005||10 out of 20||50|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Dec, 2004||20|
|Gameinatrix||Windows||Sep 25, 2004||F||0|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- AlidaGame.com (Official Game Page)
- Alida Walkthrough (by Fellowship of the Quest)
- Official Solution (Developers walkthrough)
- Walkthrough by Jen (Step by step solution by Jen on Four Fat Chicks)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Alida by Andrew Plotkin (March, 2003).)