DescriptionAll Star Karate consists of three game modes through which the player gets to experience the life of a karate trainee on the path to becoming a black belt.
Story Mode is the main focus of the single player experience, in which the player follows a storyline in which they learn from (and about!) their aged Sensei. Reaching goals in Story Mode also unlocks the trials in Challenge Mode and the Kata Editor, from which players can exercise their creativity and practice their moves. The all-encompassing theme is the use of different Wii Remote gestures that correspond to a variety of karate moves. The game supports the use of a regular Wii Remote plus Nunchuck set-up, as well as Dual Wii Remote support for added accuracy. The Wii MotionPlus peripheral is also supported throughout the game, and allows access to the At The Movies mini game.
The events in All Star Karate are based around six mini games. Each of those can also be played with a friend. In particular, 17 characters can be unlocked and pitted against each other in 2-player sparring games.
• Kata Routine: Follow the icons that appear on-screen to perform a sequence of elegant karate moves. Kata Routines may be long, exhibition performances or sequences to teach combo moves via muscle-memory for use during sparring bouts.
• Follow My Lead: Perform moves with Sensei but take care – he will gradually lengthen the sequence but only show the new move, forcing you to perform the sequence from memory!
• Mirror/Mimic: Sensei tests your reflexes by asking you to perform a series of moves with the added twist that he calls out “Mirror” or “Mimic” at the last second. When he calls “Mirror”, perform the mirror image of the gesture displayed on screen.
• Spar Time: Face off against a series of opponents using all the moves and combos you’ve learned. The first to score the target number of points is the winner .
• Danger Room: Sensei’s hut is filled with things to smash! Perform the correct gestures to take out the target objects, but make sure you don’t break anything valuable or hurt yourself on the many dangerous, spiky things he also keeps in there.
• At The Movies: Ninjas are threatening to ruin your evening’s entertainment at the local cinema! Fight them off with your wooden training sword in this Wii MotionPlus-specific mini game.
In addition, three micro games pop up from time-to-time:
• Fly Catching: If you spot a fly while navigating through menus, use the Wii Remote as chopsticks to snatch that fly out of the air.
• Belt Tying: Quickly perform a series of gestures to tie each new belt you unlock. Do it right, or your pants will fall down in front of a tournament crowd.
• Box Breaking: Perform a perfect karate chop to break through the packages you receive as you unlock new features and collectibles.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.