Advertising BlurbsUnknown Source:
(From the 1986 IBM software catalog:)
Alley Cat* games for the PCjr
The challenge: Help Freddy overcome obstcales to reach his sweetheart, Felicia.
Escape the bulldog by jumping on trash cans. Run along the fence and clotheslines - avoiding items thrown out windows and mice that step on your paws. When a window opens, enter it before it closes. Then progress through the aviary, pantry, kennel, library and aquarium room. A mad housekeeping broom tries to sweep you out the windows and the bulldog lurks.
Knock the birdcage off the table and catch the bird. Chase mice through Swiss cheese. Drink the milk from the dogs' bowls before they awaken. Climb the bookcase shelves, eluding a poisonous spider. Eat the goldfish in the fishbowl while avoiding electric eels... but don't run out of air!
Win points for a chance to kiss Felicia in the Cupid Room. But first get by her six brothers (who can be bribed with gifts). Be careful not to step on broken hearts or catch Cupid's arrow!
- Realistic animation. For example, Freddy treads water in the fishbowl, dog paddles, and dives.
- Excellent sound effects (three voice sound with the PCjr color Display)
- Start with three lives; earn up to, of course, nine.
- Earn bonus points, depending on a room's difficulty level and how long it took you to complete a task.
- See your current score, high score, number of lives left, and playing level cleverly disguised as fence graffiti.
- Make muddy footprints to keep the broom occupied.
- Put the game on "paws" mode.
- Use a joystick or the keyboard.
Part number 6276621
*Alleycat and Synsoft are trademarks of SynSoft.
Contributed by Donny K. (420) on Aug 09, 1999.