One or two players can choose among three kinds of skiing competitions to play: Slalom, Giant Slalom and Down Hill.
- In the Slalom event, players must ski through 55 gates. The winner is the fastest player to conclude two runs down the courses. If a player misses a gate, the timing stops and the counter registers the numbers of violations. The winner then is the player with the lesser number of violations.
- The Giant Slalom event follows the same rules to the slalom, but is longer than the slalom, with gates farther apart.
- In the Down Hill event, the winner is the player to achieve the end of the marked course in the shortest amount of time. If the player goes off-course, the violations are counted instead, and the winner is the player with the lesser number of violations.
In any event, crashing into the gates will make the players lose time. Each player's course is displayed at one half of the screen and separately, even though their progresses are shown simultaneously. Players can go off-course and invade each other's courses, though.
The players select the events by pulling down the stick when the desired event's name is displayed in the screen. The skiers are controlled with the stick. By holding the stick down, the skier runs down in a straight line. By pushing up, the skier stops. Right and left will change the skier direction and pressing the action button will accelerate the skier in 30% of its speed.
- "Störtlopp och slalom" -- Swedish title
- "Ski-rennen" -- German title
- "Skiløb" -- Danish title
- "Skiing" -- UK title
- "Ski Alpin!" -- Canadian French title
- "Ski" -- Dutch title
- "Sci" -- Italian title
- "Faire du ski" -- French title
- "Esqui nos Alpes!" -- Brazilian title
- "Esqui" -- Portuguese/Spanish title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by chirinea (31388)
on Jul 10, 2007.