Back of Keep Case - Windows (Germany):
Back of UK Keep Case - Playing Card Edition - Windows:
SCHLUSS MIT DEN MÄRCHEN
Als Alice dem geheimnisvollen Ruf, ins Wunderland zurückzukehren, folgt, erkennt sie es kaum wieder. Irgendetwas ist verdammt schief gelaufen. Ungeachtet der düsteren Atmosphäre, des Chaos‘ und der lauernden Gefahren macht sich Alice daran, alles wieder in Ordnung zu bringen.
Begib dich auf eine verrückte Reise mit dem Ziel, das Wunderland zu retten. Sei jedoch vorsichtig, wenn du dem Hasen nachjagst - vielleicht solltest du dich bewaffnen …
- Eindrucksvolle 3D-Action basierend auf einer verbesserten Quake III-Technologie.
- Ein Land voller wunderlicher Gestalten,
das genauso gefährlich ist wie seine Bewohner
- Erstaunliche Kreaturen, die den Originalfiguren nachempfunden wurden.
- Verteidige dich mit einer Auswahl der schrecklichsten Spielzeuge, die du je gesehen hast.
- Löse knifflige Rätsel und finde dich in verwirrenden Irrgärten zurecht.
- Bekämpfe die sadistischen Kartenwächter, die dämonischen Feuerimps
und viele mehr.
- Speziell für dieses Spiel komponierte
Musik von Chris Vrenna, einem
Gründungsmitglied von Nine Inch Nails.
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (85355) on May 22, 2011.
THE FAIRYTALE IS OVER
Electronic Arts Germany website - Windows:
When Alice responds to a mysterious summons to return to Wonderland, the place is barely recognisable. Something has gone very wrong. Undaunted by the diseased atmosphere, confusion, and mortal danger that surrounds her, Alice commits to set it right. Embark on a twisted journey to sane a wonderland gone bad... but be warned if you're gonna chase this rabbit - you'd better go armed...
- Stunning third-person, 3D action based on an enhanced version of QUAKE III technology.
- A living breathing Wonderland that is as deadly as it's inhabitants.
- Twisted renditions of characters from the original Alice adventures
- Defend yourself with a collection of the most deadly toys ever devised
- Solve devious puzzles and labyrinthine mazes
- Battle sadistic card guards, demonic fire imps, jabberspawn and many more
- Hugely atmospheric score for the game composed by Chris Vrenna founder of Nine Inch Nails.
Contributed by piltdown man (50482) on Aug 18, 2010.
FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT…
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 5, 2000 – Having rediscovered the famed rabbit hole, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today released the highly anticipated EA GAMES’ title American McGee’s Alice’ for the PC. The game offers players a darkly compelling storyline and a uniquely surreal journey through a Wonderland gone mad.
EA GAMES UNVEILS AMERICAN MCGEE’S ALICE
FOR THE PC
Strangely familiar characters and fantastic settings abound as an older and wiser Alice returns to reclaim Wonderland from the evil rule of the deranged Queen of Hearts. American McGee’s Alice is a third-person action/adventure computer game that adds a thrilling and distinctive new chapter to the classic Lewis Carroll tales, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
Several years have passed since Alice’s last visit and Wonderland’s charming oddities have now become a frightening nightmare. Only Alice can release the oppressed inhabitants from the Queen’s demented reign. Exploring 15 completely diverse environments like the lush Mushroom Forest and colorless Chess Village, along with numerous mind-bending puzzles, Alice is armed solely with her wits and a toy chest filled with of 10 different weapons including the Jacks O’ Death, Croquet Mallet and Demon Dice.
The Cheshire Cat will serve as Alice’s guide and ally throughout her perilous journey to restore Wonderland to sanity. As she progresses through Wonderland, Alice will interact with over 40 familiar and unfamiliar characters from the “Alice” stories including the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and the Caterpillar. It is up to Alice to gain the strength and will to survive and ultimately overthrow the Queen in the final showdown.
American McGee’s Alice is powered by the Quake® III engine, which allows for some of the most amazing visuals found in today’s computer games. Through its highly detailed level design and character animations, Wonderland comes to life like never before. Adding to the atmosphere is an original collection of eerie instrumentals composed and produced by former Nine Inch Nails drummer Chris Vrenna.
System Requirements: Windows® 95, Windows 98, or Windows ME and a 400 MHz (or faster) AMD® K6-2’ or Intel® Pentium® II processor with a minimum 64 MB RAM. American McGee’s Alice requires a 16 MB (or higher) OpenGL capable video card with DirectX 7 compatible driver and at least 600 MB of free hard disc space. The game supports Creative Labs’ Environmental Audio’ technology with the company’s Environmental Audio Extensions (EAX) API.
American McGee’s Alice is rated “M” (Mature) and is developed by Rogue Entertainment in Dallas, TX and published worldwide by Electronic Arts (“EA”). The game has an MSRP of US$49.99 and is now available for the PC. Consumers may purchase the game directly at the EA Store(http://www.eastore.ea.com) or by calling EA Direct Sales at 1.877.324.2637. More information on the product can be found on the official product website: www.alice.ea.com.
Electronic Arts, headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, EA posted revenues of more than $1.4 billion for fiscal 2000. The company develops, publishes and distributes software worldwide for the Internet, personal computers and video game systems. EA markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS’, EA GAMES’ and EA.COM.
Contributed by skl (1149) on Mar 02, 2004.
It's time to write the conclusion to your dark tale . . .
Back of Box:
Chapter I - Wonderland Maimed
When Alice answers a distressed summons to return to Wonderland, she barely recognizes the befouled setting. Undaunted by the diseased ambiance, cavernous confusion, and mortal danger surrounding her, Alice sets out to undo the chaos.
Chapter IV - An Infernal Chemistry
Equipped with courage, a keen appetite for the bizarre, and an arsenal of transmogrified toys, she penetrates enemy strongholds, confronts the forces of evil, and puts the wicked Queen of Hearts and her innumerable minions in their place.
Chapter XIII - Abominations Amuck
Of the miraculous place of Alice's youth, no vestige survives. From the Fungiferous Forest to the Mad Hatter's party and beyond, Wonderland festers to its core. Faced with deadly creatures loyal to the Red Queen, Alice relies on her own devices to unravel Wonderland's woe.
Contributed by JPaterson (9098) on Dec 08, 2001.
Into a dark dream you drop . . .
Back of box:
Join Alice for a return trip to a wickedly deformed Wonderland. Confront the cruel Queen of Hearts and the revolting toadies who enforce her evil will. They're all mad! A fierce and nasty fight for sanity and control turns into a lethal struggle for survival.
- Wonderland, once merely odd, evilly altered by anger and dread.
- Stunning Third-Person 3D action based on Enhanced Quake III Technology.
- Includes levels reminiscent of the Pool of Tears, the Caterpillar's Garden, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, and more.
- The Queen's Menacing Minions, including Ferocious Card Guards, Demonic Fire Imps, Ravenous Jabberspawn, and many more.
- Devious Puzzles and Labyrinthine Mazes.
- Familiar characters curiously transofmred.
- An Arsenal of the most Mischievous Toys ever imagined.
- Original Soundtrack composed and arranged by Chris Vrenna, Grammy-winning artist and founding member of Nine Inch Nails.
Contributed by JPaterson (9098) on Dec 08, 2001.
Into a dark dream you drop...
Contributed by jeremy strope (126) on Jun 18, 2001.
From the box:
* Bizarre renditions of characters from the Original Alice Adventures.
* A familiar wonderland transformed into a chatoic wasteland
* An arsenal of the most mischievious toys ever imagined
* Devious puzzles and labrythine mazes
* Menacing card guides, demonic fire imps, ravenous jabberspawn and many more.
* Stunning third-person 3D action based on enhanced Quake III technology.
Contributed by Cam Guest (127) on Dec 01, 2000.