Cannon Fodder (Amiga)

Written on  :  Sep 03, 2003
Platform  :  Amiga
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Kuv

Summary

A true amiga classic, fast-paced, friendly and humorous.

The Good

Colorful graphics, humorous style, lots of nice, tiny, cute animation and sound. Tons of character, lotsa weapons and gadgets and puzzle-like level design.

Maps are great, Jungle and VCs, Arctic and Desert etc. They start a bit small and expand to vast areas of beautiful surroundings. Mouse plays well, saves are OK.

Great soundtrack, solid design.

The Bad

It was a bit too tough at times. Unforgiving even.

Still... it was balanced out by the relatively small duration of the game.

The Bottom Line

Amazingly enough, no review for this great classic was written. That was reason enough for me to register- this is actually my first review here.... i just HAD to throw in my 2 cents....

This is indeed a solid game. Objectives and gameplay structure is simple: you are in control of a small band of soldiers which are controled either as a whole, or individually. Left click moves, right shoots with rifles, both activate special weapon (grenade / bazooka). Simply enough, the soldiers have plain objectives: destroy all buildings or more commonly go to place A from B, or kill all soldiers in the map. Simple and fast action. The correct resources must be used in the right place & time. Graphics are somehow small but detailed and kinda...er...cute! As in Sensible Soccer or SensibleGolf, lots of clever animation and sprites that win you over, make up for the low-res graphs.