Exile (Amiga)

Written by  :  Johnny "ThunderPeel2001" Walker (421)
Written on  :  Jun 20, 2003
Platform  :  Amiga

read more reviews by Johnny "ThunderPeel2001" Walker

Summary

Probably the only true 'action-adventure' ever released (I'm not joking)

The Good

Exile is absolutely unique. I guarantee that you've never played a game like this before. It looks like an weird action game, except oddly you can pick up objects and interact with the enviroment. And wait a minute, was that a puzzle? Yes, this game is probably the only true mixture of action and adventure that I've ever played. No levels. No lives. No stupid puzzles involving bizarre objects and COMPLETELY non-linear. I cannot recommend this game enough.

The Bad

There's very little to like dislike about this game. I know that when I first played it I didn't know what the hell I was doing until I bothered to read the controls (you REALLY have to). As such this game comes across as very boring and unplayable if you don't know what you're doing. Bother to teach yourself the controls however, and you'll discover the game. Also the Amiga 'AGA' version supposedly has 'superior' graphics, but the downside to this is that the view-area is shrunk to fit these new graphics. This renders the game virtually unplayable in comparison to the older releases (as you can't see where you are in relation to anything else!). Go with the Amiga ECS or Atari ST version instead.

The Bottom Line

Like nothing you've ever played, but quite possibly the ultimate action-adventure game. Take an evening off and immerse yourself, you'll be glad you did.