DescriptionTwo distinct characters called Mr Head and Mr Heels are played in this arcade adventure. They are separated at the shoulders but capable of joining together to maximize their abilities in some situations (but reduce them in others, so they can be split again).
The game is presented from an isometric perspective, and presents the characters with a number of puzzles involving switches, jumps and climbs. The levels are 3 dimensional, and the characters must collect crowns as they progress. Objects can be picked up and manipulated as necessary.
- "Head Over Heels HD" -- iPad title
- "Head-Over-Heels" -- Atari 8-bit loading title
- "Foot and Mouth" -- Working Title
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|CU Amiga||Sep, 1991||94 out of 100||94|
|Amiga Power||Sep, 1991||92 out of 100||92|
|The One for Amiga Games||Sep, 1991||91 out of 100||91|
|Amiga Force||May, 1993||90 out of 100||90|
|Amiga Joker||Nov, 1991||63 out of 100||63|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesHead Over Heels appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Commodore Format
- March 1991 (Issue 6) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- March 1994 (Issue 42) – Heaven: Music of the Gods
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Best Arcade Adventure 1987 (readers choice)
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Most Challenging Game 1987 (readers choice)
- Power Play
- 1987 - #3 Best Atari XL Game '87
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #35 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Head Over Heels remake (released in 2003 by Retrospec. Versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and BeOs are available.)
- Uneasy Lies the Head That Wears the Crown (Something of a curiosity - an academic article examining the significance of the teamwork and combination strategies used in the game)