GOG Sale: 50% off Witcher 3! 80% off D&D classic games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc)

Hired Guns (Amiga)

Also For
Written by  :  chris nunn (6)
Written on  :  Feb 09, 2004
Platform  :  Amiga
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by chris nunn

The greatest game to have ever graced the humble Amiga

The Good

Well what was not to like about this game?, at the time it was a technical marvel 4 player death matches before the idea had really even been bandied about. The amazing amount of weaponry you could carry about with you, the beautiful graphics, the selection of characters giving replayability.. The 30 odd missions you could undertake all of them full of puzzles and monsters galore to keep you occupied. this game was a monster of a task to complete and rarely got boring. It had a brilliant soundtrack as well, the sound effects were wonderful.. the game even had its own physics which you had to get used too... great touches like weapons becoming damaged in water and again i'll mention the death match idea... it surely had to be the first game to have had it.

The Bad

Very little to dislike.. I suppose it could be a right pain having to redo levels all because you pushed a block in the wrong direction, but hey its better than real life is'nt it.

The Bottom Line

This is the greatest game on the Amiga a long running huge adventure where you control 4 characters and kill a lot of amazingly intelligent monsters, you could do this with up to 4 mates, all the while solving puzzles to find 4 reactors so you could escape the planet your stuck on. To be honest I never actually managed to complete this game, I only ever found one reactor, but the time i spent playing this game I enjoyed every moment of and if u can get hold of this game for an emulator or your lucky enough to still own an Amiga I implore you all to go out and get this.

you wont be disappointed.