DescriptionIt Came From the Desert is an action-adventure game that derives its inspiration from the many cult-horror B-Movies of the 50's and 60's, the 1954 film Them in particular. The player plays the part of Dr. Greg Bradley, a geologist and the newest resident in town. Eager to satisfy his scientific mind, Bradley sets out to examine the crash-site of a mysterious meteor, but what he finds is not at all what he had been looking for.
The game takes place all over Lizard Breath, and there are several different types of action / interaction. The adventure part of the game is very linear, guiding the player in a fairly set sequence of action sections. These include first-person bug shooting, scrolling overhead shooting, and a chase sequence.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Amiga Joker||Jan, 1990||94 out of 100||94|
|The One||Dec, 1989||92 out of 100||92|
|Amiga Action||Feb, 1990||91 out of 100||91|
|Joystick (French)||Jan, 1990||87 out of 100||87|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Feb, 1990||82 out of 100||82|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jan, 1990||9.67 out of 12||81|
|Power Play||Feb, 1990||73 out of 100||73|
|HonestGamers||Oct 31, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apr, 1990||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasGame came with a poster-sized map for "City of Lizard Breath".
InfluenceThe game is loosely based on the movie THEM! (renamed into Formicula in Europe) from 1954.
- A lot of places in the game are named after people who worked at Cinemaware. Two examples: Platt University Lab (Named after programmer Randy Platt) Godfrey's Hotsprings (Named after graphic artist Jeff Godfrey)
- The Rocket Ranger, from another Cinemaware game, can be seen flying around on the movie screen at Beverly's Drive In.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 01/1991 – #2 Best Adventure Game in 1990
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #10 Most Memorable Game Hero (Greg Bradley)
Related Web Sites
- Cinemaware's It Came from the Desert (Official Home Page)
- Crapshoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
- GameWinners (Provides help during certain parts of the game.)