DescriptionLeisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards is a remake of the first game in the Leisure Suit Larry series. It introduces a new interface. Instead of typing commands, the player performs the desired actions by choosing appropriate icons, and then clicking on objects on the screen to interact with them. The graphics are now 256 color VGA. There is also much more music than in the original version, and it supports more advanced sound formats.
- "LSL VGA remake" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Blackjack
- Leisure Suit Larry series
- Sierra remakes
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Datormagazin||Apr 23, 1992||81 out of 100||81|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||80 out of 100||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe remake of the first "Larry" was also politically updated to include references to the first Gulf War. In the original release, Larry had credits cards from Lybia; in the remake, they are from Iraq. Also, in the original game, after buying condoms in the shop, you tell the clerk: "Thanks a lot, big mouth!", while in the remake it becomes "Thanks a lot, Saddam!"
Related Web Sites
- Al Lowe's Humor Site (The homepage of Al Lowe, the creator of Leisure Suit Larry)
- Leisure Suit Larry Treasure Trove (Stuck? At the end of your rope? Not to worry! There's a plethora of hints waiting for you.)
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 (An extensive history of video and computer games, including a massive entry for Sierra.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.