Forums > Game Forums > Overlord > Suggestion of a new game group

1xWertzui (1135) on 1/28/2017 3:57 AM · Permalink · Report

A while ago I tried to submit Commodre Plus/4 as platform that has a version of this game, but was rejected, because it wasn't official. Quite many games have bootleg conversions to the Plus/4, done by mostly Hungarian users, hackers/pirates/demogroups, since the late 80s. Sometimes they ported the whole game code from the C64 version to the Plus/4, sometimes just ripped the assets and coded their version. So, at least group those games together that have a conversion?

vedder (70787) on 1/28/2017 8:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Unofficial ports are allowed as new entries I believe. So instead of submitting an alternative platform you can submit it as a new game entry and can simply describe it's an unofficial port.

Evolyzer (21842) on 1/28/2017 3:42 PM · Permalink · Report

We don't allow them since we only list official releases. And an inofficial port isn't an official release.. But you can submit a trivia entry stating 'the game was also portet to platform X by fans/hackers' or something like this

vedder (70787) on 1/29/2017 5:05 PM · Permalink · Report

We do, right? Just not for consoles.

1xWertzui (1135) on 1/30/2017 2:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the replies. I haven't decided the way to go yet. Actually, I don't want to make them standalone entries currently because of the credits.

I am not familiar with the scene life back then, and these ports are credited with all kind of weird obscure hacker nicknames, sometimes I am not sure whether it covers a person or a group. They also often claim that they cracked the game, or worse, someone else did and it's cluttered with all kind of logos and nicknames, so don't know who's who. And cracked? Really? Cracked what? The original C64 version (which I highly doubt since majority weren't even officially imported here so must have arrived as a pirate copy already), or the "public domain" Plus/4 port itself for some weird reason.

Plus4world.com database can help to straighten this mess up, but the point is I don't want to flood Mobygames with these. I already have contributed a few original games done by the scene (pending as of yet), and I went the route to mark the as published by a person, and mention the groups in the release comment.

On a different note, I am wondering how game groups are created on Mobygames?

Evolyzer (21842) on 1/30/2017 9:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Westwurtzly wrote--]On a different note, I am wondering how game groups are created on Mobygames? [/Q --end Westwurtzly wrote--]

You need Approver+ privilege or simply post your suggestion here