DescriptionThe first instalment in the Skidmarks series is a slightly-from-above racer for one or two players in the vein of Super Sprint. There are four different cars to choose from: a rally sports car, a high-wheeled muscle car, a monster truck and a buggy. There are two sets of six tracks each, each track measuring roughly three by two screens in size. Apart from the usual simultaneous two-player option, where both play on the same computer, there is a (null) modem link option, allowing four players to compete at the same time. Additionally, messages can be sent via the serial line, so as to taunt the opposing team. Depending on the available memory, there are either one, two or four kinds of cars partaking in the race.
An additional AGA enhancement disk, for Amiga 1200 and 4000 systems, updates the game to use sub-pixel scrolling and makes the sprites high resolution with greater colour depth.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Secret Service / New S Service||Jun, 1994||95 out of 100||95|
|CU Amiga||Feb, 1994||92 out of 100||92|
|Amiga Computing||Mar, 1994||91 out of 100||91|
|The One Amiga||Jan, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Amiga Down Under||Mar, 1994||82 out of 100||82|
|Amiga Magazine||May, 1994||8 out of 10||80|
|Amiga Joker||Jan, 1994||80 out of 100||80|
|Amiga Power||Feb, 1994||80 out of 100||80|
|Amiga Power||Feb, 1994||78 out of 100||78|
|Play Time||Feb, 1994||78 out of 100||78|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Available cars due to memory limitationsRunning the game on regular A500 with 0,5 MB Chip and 0,5 MB Slow will give you only 1 type of car at once on track and there is no music. The same happens on A500+ and A600 (both 1 MB Chip). But:
- A500 with 0.5 MB Chip and 1 MB Fast gives you 3 types of cars at once on track but still no music
- A500 with 1 MB Chip and 0.5 MB Slow gives you 3 types of cars at once on track and music
- A500 with 0.5 MB Chip and 1 MB Fast and 0.5 MB Slow gives you 4 types of cars at once on track and music (maximum possible option)
- A1200 (2 MB Chip) gives you 2 types of cars at once on track and music.
- A1200 (2 MB Chip and 1 MB Fast) gives you 4 types of cars at once on track and music (maximum possible option).