DescriptionThe year is 1999. The world's most popular television show is Smash T.V., an ultra-violent contest between two armed-to-the-teeth combatants, set loose in a series of deadly arenas that are filled to bursting with hordes of mindless beasts and killer robots. The aim of the game is to blast everything in sight and try to grab more cash and prizes than the other guy. Toaster ovens, VCRs, fancy cars and luxury holidays are there for the taking... for anyone who can survive long enough to enjoy them.
Smash T.V. is an insane shoot-em-up from the brain of Eugene Jarvis, creator of Robotron: 2084. It retains that game's frantic style of play and two-joystick control method, but adds plenty of gore, violence, a hint of satire and that all-important two player mode.
There are no promo images for this game
- "スマッシュTV" -- Japanese spelling
- "Super Smash T.V." -- SNES/Genesis/Game Gear title
- "Smash TV" -- Alternate spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Dual Joysticks
- Genre: Dual / Twin-stick shooter
- Theme: Future sports / Brutal sports
|A great conversion of a great arcade game||Martin Smith (66859)|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Jan, 1992||90 out of 100||90|
|CU Amiga||Dec, 1991||90 out of 100||90|
|Amiga Power||Jan, 1992||81 out of 100||81|
|Power Play||Mar, 1992||63 out of 100||63|
|Retro Archives||Oct 18, 2017||12 out of 20||60|
|Amiga Joker||Dec, 1991||59 out of 100||59|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Smash TV appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
BPjS/BPjM indexOn June 30, 1992, Smash T.V. was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
- Commodore Format
- January 1992 (Issue 16) - Cf's all time Top Ten Essential Mega Games
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Shoot-'em-ups
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #33 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
- October 1995 (Issue 61) – The Top Ten C64 Games of all Time
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Smash TV.)