DescriptionThe Witness is a text adventure in which the player takes control of a police detective working near Los Angeles. The year is 1938, and on this stormy February night a wealthy but frightened man has asked the detective for protection. In spite of his best efforts, a death occurs, and the hero has twelve hours to solve the mystery and try to arrest the killer. If the player thinks there is enough evidence against one or more suspects to convince a jury of their guilt, he can arrest them and conclude the case.
- "Witness" -- Media title
- "The Witness: Somebody's going to take the Deep Six!" -- Tag-lined title
- "The Witness - An INTERLOGIC Mystery" -- Tag-lined title
- "Invitation To Murder" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Amiga Format||Nov, 1992||75 out of 100||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaLike most Infocom games, the package for this one contains some fun goodies relating to the game:
A Detective Gazette magazine.
A suicide note.
A Western Union telegram.
A booklet of matches from The Brass Lantern.
The Register newspaper.
Related Web Sites
- Infocom homepage (At this site you can find information on ALL of Infocom's interactive games, Infocom related articles, sample transcripts, InvisiClue hints, walkthroughs, maps and information on buying Infocom games today.)
- The Commodore Zone (All about the game, with introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of The Witness.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.