Bejeweled 2 Deluxe (Android)

3.1
Written by  :  Pixelspeech (951)
Written on  :  Apr 28, 2011
Platform  :  Android
Rating  :  2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars

read more reviews by Pixelspeech

Summary

Fun puzzle game, but not interesting enough

The Good

This game is for all ages and both my younger sister and my grandmother said the game was fun and challenging at times. Personally I also enjoyed moving the shapes around and watching them explode and getting four or five of them in a row is always exciting.

The game has some amusing graphics. The explosions and electricity are fun to watch and clearly used to appeal to the youth. The game is also very colorful and that is always a plus in my book.

The Bad

The producers apparently used random images from Google for their background because there is a lot of uninspiring and pixelated scenery pictures in the back. Kind of annoying and a bit cheap.

The game often plays itself, after you take out a few blocks new ones appear on the top and that means those blocks can also disappear when they drop next to the same kind. I have witnessed moments when I racked up highscores just because the explosions kept coming.

It is incredibly simple and there is barely anything special. I only play this game every once in a while when I am bored, but never because I actually want to. Once I get playing it's fun for a few minutes and then I go back to work. Unlike most simple games like Dear Runner and Mario there is just nothing that actually makes me want to play it.

The Bottom Line

There is not much to say about Bejeweld: It looks decent and it plays decent, but nothing special. If you want a very simple puzzle game to play every once in a while for five minutes then Bejeweld might be worth a shot, but it shouldn't be hard to find something better.