DescriptionBoulder Dash-XL is a single-player, modern take on an old classic. The basic gameplay is still the same, negotiate mazes, collect diamonds and avoid falling rocks. This implementation has five modes of play:
- Arcade Mode: Playing against the clock the player collects diamonds and gets to the exit as fast as possible. They have a target number of diamonds to collect and thus have the option of taking longer but collecting more diamonds or finishing faster and getting a bigger time bonus. There are one hundred levels in this mode.
- Zen Mode: Basically this is the same as Arcade mode but there's no time limit 'so the player can refine their strategy with no pressure'.
- Puzzle Mode: This consists of twenty five smaller levels where the emphasis is on thought and planning rather than speed.
- Retro Mode: A further twenty five levels using '3D interpretations of the original bitmap graphics'.
- Score Attack: Four special caves where the exit opens early so there's a bigger bonus to be had for completing early.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Boulder Dash-XL 3D" -- Nintendo 3DS title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Boulder Dash-XL (official website)