missing cover art
DescriptionAfter the last battle with Crash Bandicoot, Cortex is thrown down to Crash' island. In a cave he finds a crystal which he finds out holds great powers. Cortex plans to use these powers for an improved Cortex Vortex which will turn everyone on Earth into his mindless slaves. But in order to do that he has to find 25 other crystals to power the Cortex Vortex. He recruits his old enemy, Crash, to find them, but Crash doesn't know about Cortex' evil plans.
There are no Android user screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex no Gyakushuu!" -- Japanese title
- "Crash 2" -- informal name
- "クラッシュ・バンディクー2 コルテックスの逆襲!" -- Alternate Japanese Spelling
- "クラッシュ・バンディクー２ コルテックスのぎゃくしゅう！" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Crash Bandicoot series
- Games referenced in movies
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- PlayStation the Best series
There are no reviews for the Android release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
References to the gameIn The Simpsons sitcom, episode Lisa Gets an "A" (10th season), Lisa plays video game called Dash Dingo. It's parody of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. The music that plays when the game starts is similar to the music when the Crash game starts. Also, the evil floating Australian head is a parody of the Crash games' villain, Doctor Neo Cortex. The game also revolves around finding and devouring "seven crystal babies", referencing the Azaria Chamberlain disappearance and the Crystals in the aforementioned game.
- 1997 (Vol. 3, Iss. 3) - Best Arcade/Platform Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Information about Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.