Forums > Game Forums > Duke Nukem 3D > What's wrong with me?? I'm enjoying this!..

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 4/26/2010 5:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Something is happening to me... I'm playing Duke Nukem 3D and am enjoying it very much... but it's just a brainless shooter... it has no story... oh no... if Zovni sees me I'm finished...

:)

BurningStickMan (17916) on 4/26/2010 5:26 PM · Permalink · Report

It's got a story! You've got to make those alien bastards pay for shooting up your ride!

Later, take revenge because no one steals our chicks and lives!

lilalurl (733) on 4/26/2010 6:22 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start BurningStickMan wrote--]Later, take revenge because no one steals our chicks and lives! [/Q --end BurningStickMan wrote--]

I suspect this is rather the reason. After playing errrr documenting so many hentai games, nothing like a shooter with strip dancers, scantily-clad captive women in weird alien restraints, geisha statues etc....

Adzuken (836) on 4/26/2010 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

What really grabbed me about Duke Nukem 3D was its outstanding level design. After all the generic grungy corridors and hellscapes of Doom, Duke Nukem's creatively designed city levels were a breath a fresh air.

Macs Black (80290) on 4/27/2010 4:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Which version are you playing? One of the many ports, or the original emulated through DosBox?

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 4/27/2010 4:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Original in DosBox. Atomic edition.

Macs Black (80290) on 4/27/2010 6:01 AM · Permalink · Report

A deliberate choice, I guess. I played the original when it came out in the nineties. A while ago, I played a bit of the community-developed port with high-resolution textures, MP3 soundtrack and polygonal replacements. I felt that the new polygon models didn't fit very well, but the enhanced textures and sounds really gave new life to the old Build engine.

vedder (70685) on 4/27/2010 7:37 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's not for naught that so many people were (are?) looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever. Duke 3D still remains a timeless classic. I play through it every couple of years and I always have a blast.