DescriptionPinball Arcade is based on the Pinball Hall of Fame series and includes accurate simulations of pinball tables from Gottlieb, Williams, Stern Pinball (which also includes its previous incarnations: Stern Electronics, Data East Pinball, and Sega Pinball) and Bally. The latter two companies were not previously featured. It includes four tables, one from each company, with support for additional tables through commercial downloadable content. The included tables are, in the order they appear on the game:
- Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996) (previously included in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection)
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! (Stern Pinball, 2004)
- Black Hole (Gottlieb, 1981) (previously included in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection)
- Theatre of Magic (Bally, 1995)
The game also features a large amount of additional tables available for download, including tables that were already on previous Pinball Hall of Fame titles (such as Black Knight, Medieval Madness, Big Shot and Central Park) and other tables never seen on other games (such as Attack from Mars, Cirqus Voltaire and Bride of Pin-Bot), alongside some based on licensed properties (from tables like Creature from the Black Lagoon and Elvira and the Party Monsters to ones like Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation), although they're not all available on every platform yet. There is support for achievements/trophies (Xbox 360/PS3/Vita versions) and online leaderboards, and the game includes a few extras, such as a little history on the games and the original sales flyers, plus in-depth instructions on every element of each table. It also has support for online play in the form of various online tournaments held by FarSight.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|4Players.de||Apr 13, 2012||70 out of 100||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Table Packs||12||M4R14N0 (1284)
Sep 10, 2013
|TPA's Kickstarter: The Twilight Zone||1||M4R14N0 (1284)
Jun 05, 2012
Previously included tablesWhile most of the tables have had their first adaptation on Pinball Arcade others were previously adapted on different games. Besides those included on the Pinball Hall of Fame collections, there's these ones:
- Bally's Elvira and the Party Monsters was previously adapted for the 1992 Atari Lynx game Pinball Jam, alongside the Williams table Police Force
- Both Bally's Creature from the Black Lagoon and Williams' Tales of the Arabian Nights had versions on the 2001 PC game Williams Pinball Classics (not to be confused with the European name for the PHOF Williams collection, but coincidentally enough TotAN was included on the PS3/360 version of said game) alongside Bally's tables Black Rose and Lost World. This strangely enough makes TotAN the only Williams table on that collection.
- Before being included on this and PHOF Williams, Pin*Bot was adapted into an NES game by Rare in the late eighties, which took some liberties by adding hazards not present on the original table as that would've been impossible in real life. Rare later took the same formula with their NES adaptation of the Williams table High Speed, which also added a few mini-game tables alongside the hazards.
- Haunted House was most famously included in 1998's similarly titled Microsoft Pinball Arcade, and it was also the sole table on that game's demo version.