🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Star Control II > This game is how I found out about mobygames

Lumpi (189) on 11/3/2008 5:40 PM · Permalink · Report

And I didn't even play it! :D

No, I just saw this screenshot in an imported PC Gamer magazine once, thinking "Hey, this looks cool and retro". Then I read the info in the box next to it, talking about that neat games site called "mobygames".

I should check this game out, just for old times' sake.

Yea, it's an amazing story, I know! ;)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 11/3/2008 7:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know which is better, SC 2 leading you to Mobygames or Mobygames leading you to SC2. They're just both so excellent...

Indra was here (20755) on 11/3/2008 8:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Then you'd probably hate my recent review due to conflict with nostalgic purposes then. Hehe.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 11/3/2008 8:59 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm not a raving fanboy -- I can concede that in significant areas SC2 was deeply flawed. On the whole, however, I remain astounded by how much they got right.

Indra was here (20755) on 11/3/2008 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]I'm not a raving fanboy -- I can concede that in significant areas SC2 was deeply flawed. On the whole, however, I remain astounded by how much they got right. [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

True. But I'm wondering if the game actually qualifies as an "adventure". Gameplay is more directed to that area that the strategy elements, to my professional opinion.